Portable toilets

ExpoMike

Bringing back an older thread.

With the WAG bags, are these a one time use or multiple uses per bag?

Looking to get a PETT and am just trying to figure out how many bags should be bought/brought. Figure for me, I can "water" the landscape and use the PETT once or twice a day but the wife isn't much with that idea and would be a more frequent user of the PETT.

Thanks for the input.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
xj_mike said:
Bringing back an older thread.

With the WAG bags, are these a one time use or multiple uses per bag?

Looking to get a PETT and am just trying to figure out how many bags should be bought/brought. Figure for me, I can "water" the landscape and use the PETT once or twice a day but the wife isn't much with that idea and would be a more frequent user of the PETT.

Thanks for the input.

From the PETT website: "Pooh Powder waste treatment treats up to 32 ounces of liquid and solid waste allowing for multiple use."

So I guess the answer is yes, to a point....

AndrewP

Explorer
Ha-It's basically 1 time use. Imagine if it got a little too full!

I've used the pett extensively. The best technique is to pee first somewhere else, then crap in the bag. That makes the least mess.

easy610

Observer
OK, this will sound strange...how about using clumping kitty litter? Kills the odor of feline #1 and #2....

spencyg

This Space For Rent
The Expo Van has a stupid built-in blackwater system which we're removing as soon as the weather warms up a titch. In its place I'm going to install our new Thetford 365 manual toilet. The van already has a little enclosed bathroom area, so it made sense to just stick with an installed unit. Plus, we're hoping to "Boondock" once in awhile in more urban environments, and the need for covert bathroom facilities dictates this unit. I always wondered how many people have been bit in the ***** by snakes and such while taking care of business over a log... :D

Spence

ExpoMike

AndrewP said:
Ha-It's basically 1 time use. Imagine if it got a little too full!

I've used the pett extensively. The best technique is to pee first somewhere else, then crap in the bag. That makes the least mess.

That's what I figured I would do but it's not going to happen for the wife. She doesn't "need" a real bathroom but she does need some type of toilet. Whatever I can do to make the wife happy goes a long way to having her join me. :jumping:

Thanks for the info guys.

AndrewP

Explorer
xj_mike said:
That's what I figured I would do but it's not going to happen for the wife. She doesn't "need" a real bathroom but she does need some type of toilet. Whatever I can do to make the wife happy goes a long way to having her join me. :jumping:

Thanks for the info guys.

The PETT is really pretty good. Way better than the dig a hole method. With the fold up outhouse, it would be acceptable for most women with any sense of adventure-you're there to see the sights, not to worry about your poo place.....

I recommend you try it, and you and she may be surprised.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
xj_mike said:
She doesn't "need" a real bathroom but she does need some type of toilet. Whatever I can do to make the wife happy goes a long way to having her join me. :jumping:

Mike, with that Kamperoo you can haul any bathroom setup you like and the kitchen sink :)

The PETT toilet and WAG bags are a great piece of gear and very sanitary, that is the way I'm leaning for my camp bathroom.

Last edited:

dennisuello

Adventurer
I use Luggable Loo seat and the Double Doodie bags. Was very cheap.

I also got a 3 gallon bucket from Kirkland detergent, it's the same diameter as 5 gallon ones, but shorter, so it takes less room.

Besides, I like to have a bucket with me for any other uses I might need it for, like put out the fire with water from a creek. Beats running with small tupperware back and forth. :D

ExpoMike

TACODOC said:
Mike, with that Kamperoo you can haul any bathroom setup you like and the kitchen sink :)

The PETT toilet and WAG bags are a great piece of gear and very sanitary, that is the way I'm leaning for my camp bathroom.

I haven't gotten it yet but it should be here any day. From the pictures I have seen, most likely the only thing that would work would be a PETT, since it folds fairly flat. Inside, with the bed, it limits things to about 9" high or so. Nothing can be in the area that folds over, outside of anything we could put on the rack once closed.

She is fine with the PETT setup and a popup enclosure. We might even bring it inside the floor area at night so we would not need to go outside at all. My biggest wondering was the bag use, as I have to make sure there are enough to last however long our trip is... plus a few spares. :D

Thanks again for all the info guys! This place rocks! :rappel:

TheRoadie

Explorer
xj_mike said:
...She doesn't "need" a real bathroom but she does need some type of toilet....
There's always the low-end bumper dumper. Folds up flatly, too.

road8.jpg

FlyingWen

Explorer
I love the Pett!

As a woman, it can be kinda scary having to swat down. I constantly worry about what creature might pop up to say hello and or possibly give me a little nibble! :yikes:

I seriously do not want to camp without the Pett Potty in tow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk