Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

BIGGUY

Adventurer
Love the Mog and the Ute!! Nice cargo trailer setup too. I actually found a forum that has a whole section or people building them up as campers.

orangeTJ

Explorer
5x8 Wells Cargo Fastrac

The modification thread on it: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/72871-My-cargo-trailer-mods

The day I bought it, two weeks ago.

DSCN2009-s.jpg

XJC

XJC, Nice Rig! and thanks for the link.
What is it about the landscape in Australia? one quick look at a picture of some non-descript trees or brush on the side of a road, is enough to confirm the location.

Mmmmmm so what's your guess of the location for this one???? At least give me a state.

XJC

XJC, I like those rear jacks. Did I miss where you gave the specs? Hopefully not just an Aussie part..

The jacks were bought a a local trailer shop. pretty easy to get here. About 70-80 bucks each though and come in a few different lengths. Have a look on ebay.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Just joined after having a good look through. Some great rigs and trailers here, so a few pics of my trailer I built last year. Done about 8000kms so far.

And a build thread here:

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95819

Stellar build thread! I could not tell how the leveling jacks fit up to your trailer (maybe I skipped a picture somewhere). Electric brakes are not only great for pavement but really nice off road when descending steep hills.

XJC

Stellar build thread! I could not tell how the leveling jacks fit up to your trailer (maybe I skipped a picture somewhere). Electric brakes are not only great for pavement but really nice off road when descending steep hills.

Hi,

The levelling jacks have been welded on. I actually burnt some holes in the floor so I could fill it up with weld for the top of the jacks. Also welded onto the chassis. You can bolt these on as well but I did not want the boldheads sticking through the floor.

XJC

Sorry, before hand saw you're location is Darwin... and I've spent time on both coasts and Northwest Broome area.
....But making assumptions from the 2nd picture alone:
Your in the Northern area that has Monsoon effect rains (tall grass)
The time of year is May-June-July because the grass hasn't burned off yet.
The road has a broad paved shoulder, so it's not on the West Coast.
So my wild guess is you're southest of Darwin on Hwy 34 near Berry Springs.
How'd I do???

Not too bad!

I used to live in Cairns FNQ and the pics were taken travelling down to Sydney. I think that was around Banana in North Western Queensland.

XJC

Yep rockman is on the ball.
To make it legal here the mudguards/mudflaps need to be a certain distance from the ground. The chain looks after the mudflaps by holding them back from the tyre. I used S/S for a cleaner rust free look that will hopefully last.

There is a lot of space between Broome and Darwin. I plan on getting out that way later in the dry season when I can get some time off work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven