Post Pic's of your Jeep

b jeepin

Adventurer
stumptaco said:
This is what happens when you run out of steam installing a Clayton Long Arm suspension lift

DSCN0519.jpg

~James

yeah this will always happen!

100_0387.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

but eventually you regain speed, and get it finnished!
IMG_5250.jpg

:safari-rig:

b jeepin

Adventurer
maximumrob said:
How do you get in to that bad boy without climbing on your doors?

i am just working on the tent right now, i found this...
ladder.jpg

i may buy one or make one just like it. i have alot of work to get done and never enough time!:sombrero:

SixLug

Explorer
b jeepin said:
ladder.jpg

i may buy one or make one just like it. i have alot of work to get done and never enough time!:sombrero:

I read on the website that there is no drilling involve when installing that ladder. How do you suppose it is fixed on the door? I want one of these, but if I could make it instead that would be cheaper..ha.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
b jeepin said:
yeah this will always happen!

100_0387.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

but eventually you regain speed, and get it finnished!
IMG_5250.jpg

:safari-rig:

LOL... glad im not the only one! Looks good, I wish I could justify running boggers down here, the mud gets nasty.

~James

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Exrunner said:
I read on the website that there is no drilling involve when installing that ladder. How do you suppose it is fixed on the door? I want one of these, but if I could make it instead that would be cheaper..ha.

Probably positioned under the hatch hinge. IIRC there are 3 bolts in a triangular pattern on each hinge.

theksmith

Explorer
b jeepin said:
ladder.jpg

if that just mounts to the hatch door, then the hatch hinges and unibody are supporting all your weight... do you think that it will last with extended use? (i want to make something for my WJ as well...)

Tanto

Adventurer
theksmith said:
if that just mounts to the hatch door, then the hatch hinges and unibody are supporting all your weight... do you think that it will last with extended use? (i want to make something for my WJ as well...)

I looked at those details for quite some time as well and concluded that I would want the weight distributed to the bumper of my WJ. Mounting to the top of the lift gate wouldn't bother me if I knew most of the load was distributed to the bumper. If and when I get my rear steel bumper with tire carrier I may take another look at this. I like how it would swing up with the lift gate.

SixLug

Explorer
Tanto said:
I like how it would swing up with the lift gate.

same here.

As for being supported by the unibody, everything on an XJ (not sure of others) is supported by the unibody. Bumpers, suspension, drivetrain, etc, so it should be plenty strong. Not sure how the hatch or its hinges would fair though.

scouter4life

Hi, new here as I just found this site. I've been working on my '08 JK since November last year building it into a nice expedition vehicle that can handle some tough stuff. I'm looking forward to getting new ideas.

Mods:
2.5" Teraflex lift
Jeeperman rear bumper with swing arm (gerry can holders coming soon)
Stubby front bumper
32" BFG KM's
Olympic 4x4 Rock sliders
Warrior Products Safari Rack system set up to carry as many as 7 bikes
Cabra 75 CB (soon to add a VHF radio as well)
KC 130's
Hella 500's
Rock Lights

Here's the latest look
ImageDisp.aspx

ImageDisp.aspx

ImageDisp.aspx

monele

Adventurer
My '06 Rubi Unlimited

New to the forum, but not new to overland travel. I've been doing 3-5 week trips for years, just didn't find out about this forum 'til this summer. Used to travel in a full size Chevy pickup, now I'm using my LJ Rubicon. Thought I'd post some pics of the mods made and stuff I built for long-trip use.

_IGP2299b.jpg

_IGP2302b.jpg

_IGP2305b.jpg

_IGP2307b.jpg

_IGP2308b.jpg

Moabfins.jpg

MoabFlex.jpg

Beyond the visible I also carry: exhaust jack, air compressor, camping gear, recovery equip, first aid. All that fits in the custom tool box behind the front seats. Food goes in the rear rack bag (or locked in the steel box when in bear country) along with cooking gear. Under the rack is usually clothing and anything that needs to be really secure since the cage fits tight against the rear tailgate. No RTT or long-rage fuel tank yet. Have to wait 'til I save more $$$.

Lift is 3" suspension, 1" BL/MML, everything has skids.

Cool site!! I have learned a ton of stuff already!! Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater