Post Pic's of your Jeep

86cj

Explorer
Thumbs up on two great examples of a Jeep LJ set up for camping and still very capable off road..:safari-rig:

I have found for two people the LJ works great for our style of exploring.. We use a ground tent as the LJ does not allow much for sleeping inside, but with a Medium size Maggiolina on top I would be very happy......

Monele,

Kudos on the forward facing lockbox with storage underneath....I use that set up as a product of evolution and found it works best. I can reach in the box while driving (lid has struts) and for Bear country it is a must. The lockable storage under the box is a must for all the expensive gear in a softtop. I use pelican cases for most stuff due to huge amonts of trail dust.

monele

Adventurer
My box also has gas struts added just this year (after installing the lift I couldn't reach to get the lid full open) and I plan to eventually add lock-up capability to the lower storage. I have built one thing at a time as I realized I needed them. 1st was the rear rack/cage, and the pistol safes you see from the side view (grey boxes), then the bumper armor and an oil pan skid, then added the rest of the under armor when I did the lift. Storage box was added last summer when I had a passenger on a 2 week trip for the 1st time. So I cut down on old Delta gull-wing PU box I bought used for $20 and figured forward facing was much easier to reach.

The AC panel is the face panel from a Coleman 400W inverter that is remote mounted. I fabbed a new vented cover plate for the inverter and ran a custom wiring harness back to the console. I thought the shape of the panel matched the stock console nicely. Also run in the same harness is a 12V line to the bottom of the console (not visible) for any accessories I may want to power in the back (maybe my 12v cooler if I ever make space for it) The inverter is actually under the hood mounted high and covered in a shopvac prefilter to keep dust and such out. So far it has never gotten wet, even in heavy rain or stream crossings.

Love my LJ. Moab last summer was awesome and I am headed back next June. Will probably run the White Rim again and maybe some of the other remote trails in canyonlands before hitting the hard stuff.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I dont think I posted finished pictures in here, but I got everything finished upon the XJ last weekend. I was waiting on the Tom Woods drive shaft, and it finally came in on last Friday. While I was waiting on the driveshaft, I went ahead and built my front bumper and got the winch mounted up. Anyway, here she is.

~James

DSCN0538.jpg

DSCN0537.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

DSCN0535.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0533.jpg

b jeepin

Adventurer
looking real nice!

stumptaco said:
I dont think I posted finished pictures in here, but I got everything finished upon the XJ last weekend. I was waiting on the Tom Woods drive shaft, and it finally came in on last Friday. While I was waiting on the driveshaft, I went ahead and built my front bumper and got the winch mounted up. Anyway, here she is.

~James

DSCN0538.jpg

DSCN0537.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

DSCN0535.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0533.jpg

looks real good, it makes me want to make some time to get workin on my own. time is hard to come by lately!:safari-rig:

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Tell me about it, seems like every free minute I have is spent working on this thing. I spent all day saturday replacing the cooling system in this thing, and still have a huge list of stuff I have to do. I have the parts, just dont have the time.

~James

Atticus_1354

Adventurer
Finally rewelded my front passenger side swaybar mount. It has been broken for a while and made the Jeep take corners like a boat. Now it is all better and I can move on to other things.

2913591224_34d199bed2.jpg

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
It just came to me that I've never posted a pic of my Jeep in this thread so here's a couple for your consideration.

'04 LJ: 3" lift, 285/75/16 Dean Mud Terrian SXTs, Smittybuilt front bumper with Warn 8000 winch; rear Gen Right tire carrier bumper; 4:10 gears; Miller Brothers CB dash mount with Cobra CB and some other sundry items..so on and so forth.

100_1081a.jpg

My Jeep in the PA hardwoods.

100_1082a.jpg

SixLug

Explorer
Stumptaco...Im loving the wheel weights....ha ha...great looking rig! is that a custom roof light setup?...I dig the protection around the lights.

tommym

Observer
I'm new to the site & wanted to say HI

Attachments

• Picture 019copy.jpg
    Picture 019copy.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Picture 027copy.jpg
    Picture 027copy.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Picture 029copy.jpg
    Picture 029copy.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 81

S.Limited

Lots of great trucks. Thought I'd add mine to the list.

89 Wagoneer Linited. 3" rancho lift with extra 2" blocks in rear,235/75R15 BFG All Terrains, rack, 4.6L stroker.

P2170596.jpg

Feb in the BC rockies

P3290749.jpg

A perfect snowshoeing weekend

P5190342.jpg

Exploring BC logging roads

PA080122.jpg

Lunch with my boys

P9140002.jpg

Canoe trip to lake Kinbasket

Attachments

• P2170596.jpg