Post Pic's of your Jeep

gps4

81 cj7. hoping to use this for camping and hunting vehicle. not yet 100% confident on the reliability of the drivetrain to set out on long range trip, but over time, hope to get it expedition worthy.

rustoleum%2Btop.jpg

Neuner

Observer
81 cj7. hoping to use this for camping and hunting vehicle. not yet 100% confident on the reliability of the drivetrain to set out on long range trip, but over time, hope to get it expedition worthy.

Very nice. What is your current drive train?

gps4

Very nice. What is your current drive train?

amc 258 /4.2 with 3 sp auto. stock front and rear diffs and gears. engine and transmission need some work to stop all the common leaks that are frequently found on these models. in addition to drive train concerns, it could also use some attention to gauges and senders.

i'm in Mississippi. Not much rockcrawling or traditional overland opportunities here. main offroading opportunities are hunting and game retrieval during the fall and winter, and the occasional summertime mud ride on logging trails. currently, my storage solution is limited to a rear hitch cargo rack and six 24-gal action packers. i'd like to add a hitch receiver up front for a smaller basket as well as undercarriage side receiver's to haul jerry cans like jscherb has done.

Neuner

Observer
amc 258 /4.2 with 3 sp auto. stock front and rear diffs and gears. engine and transmission need some work to stop all the common leaks that are frequently found on these models. in addition to drive train concerns, it could also use some attention to gauges and senders.

From what I've read and experienced, the leaks and gauges, if systems remain original, will have ever ongoing issues. Just remember, CJs don't leak, they mark their spot. I know mine has. I've swapped my T-5 for a T177 and in the middle of swapping my 258 for a 4.0. Can't wait. You should join us at jeep-cj.

Whaler

Adventurer
My XJ is pretty close to stock but I'm chipping away at it. Recently, we've been taking it tow-skiing on the beach.

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1583.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

saburai

Explorer
Nice ride!
Don't prefer chrome plated anything myself either.
On the other hand, Momma taught me that if I didn't have anything nice to say...

njjeepthing

Explorer
Very nice nj...I guess that's what you call "showroom condition"....bet you're gonna cry when she gets muddy...:yikes:

Well the JK is going to Moab in a few weeks, so it's going to get dirty!
The XJ seeing winter driving duties and beach buggy duties in the summer, so they both see their share of dirt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk