Post pictures of your Land Rover.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I knew that DI used to belong to a RN guy... I've wheeled with it before many years ago. I love the Camel Trophy brush bar- I have always lusted after one but have never discovered the means to acquiring it. PLEASE let me know if you ever switch to a different bumper/brushbar setup! My dream for my truck is to install that setup, plus switch the headlights/grille to a 200tdi Disco setup (with the small, square lamps).

As said, very nice looking Disco. It has always been one of my favorites; you are lucky to own it.

RgrBox

Adventurer
Rgrbox, that Defender is beautiful! Makes me jealous.

Thanks.. I always just thought that it wasa regular Landi.. But if I have it parked in front of my work, I have someone come in at least once a week to ask me about it.. even a few who've offered to buy it..

tacomadave

Adventurer
Thanks.. I always just thought that it wasa regular Landi.. But if I have it parked in front of my work, I have someone come in at least once a week to ask me about it.. even a few who've offered to buy it..

Well, it may be just a regular Land Rover, but Defenders are not sold in Canada any longer so it being a 2008 makes me jealous.

RgrBox

Adventurer
What! Are you kidding.. I though Defenders were sold every where.. I read somewhere like 75% of all Defenders ever made are still on the road.. making it the best and most enviromentally car on the road.. I think I also read that I can't emport mine into North America when I move back over there. My wife and I plan to retire back int eh States and buy a camper mobile home and pull it with a Defender all over North America.

Crookthumb

Adventurer
Family Rovers:

n11800431_37160548_6531.jpg

n11800431_37160836_9885.jpg

1995 Discovery

Will you post more photos, or start your own thread? I would like to see more detailed photos inside and out if you have them. Thanks.

tacomadave

Adventurer
What! Are you kidding.. I though Defenders were sold every where.. I read somewhere like 75% of all Defenders ever made are still on the road.. making it the best and most enviromentally car on the road.. I think I also read that I can't emport mine into North America when I move back over there. My wife and I plan to retire back int eh States and buy a camper mobile home and pull it with a Defender all over North America.

In the U.S. you can import and register a vehicle only if it is 25 years old or older, and in Canada, you can import a vehicle that is 15 years old or older.

michaels

Explorer

i believe if you are a foreigner you can have a car imported to teh US for one year. then it has to leave then country. it'd get tiring but you could maybe take it across the border once a year and bring it back.... :smiley_drive:

don't quote me for accuracy, but i know it's something along those lines. look it up!

will.bobbitt

Transient,

I'll probably hang on to the bumper, but I gotta get it sand blasted and re-coated...Speaking of 200 Tdi, I have one I am thinking of putting into this Discovery or the SIII.

Crookthumb, Scott,

I will try and start my own thread soon...I have a long list of work to get done on it over the next few weeks!

Will

greenmeanie

Adventurer
i believe if you are a foreigner you can have a car imported to teh US for one year. then it has to leave then country. it'd get tiring but you could maybe take it across the border once a year and bring it back.... :smiley_drive:

don't quote me for accuracy, but i know it's something along those lines. look it up!

That is true but the vehicle must also be legal and registered in its country of origin. For a UK vehicle that would mean getting an annual MOT and I have not found anywhere in the US, Mexico or Canada that is qualified to do that.

Another white one

Been lurking for a long while, and had some trouble with my account that wouldn't let me post, but it's now resolved.

Attached is my '04 DII at a lunch stop at Musselman Arch on White Rim in Canyonlands, NP last month.

I've just posted it for sale, and hope it goes to a good home here on the forum.

Attachments

• Canyon_Rover2.jpg
    Canyon_Rover2.jpg
    652.3 KB · Views: 167

RgrBox

Adventurer
@ michaels, & Tacomadave:

Thanks for the poop.. At least one could buy a new Landrover Defender 110 in the states right'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater