Post pictures of your Land Rover.

Howski

a little OT, but concerning the FJ80 lift. has anybody tried using FJ80 lift springs on a Disco 1 or 2? All the springs for Disco's seem to be relatively stiff to options offered for 80 series Cruisers

Adrift

Observer
a little OT, but concerning the FJ80 lift. has anybody tried using FJ80 lift springs on a Disco 1 or 2? All the springs for Disco's seem to be relatively stiff to options offered for 80 series Cruisers

Considering the stock 80 springs are around 3" taller than stock Discovery springs, 80 lift springs would require alot more in the way of modifications.

Howski

Considering the stock 80 springs are around 3" taller than stock Discovery springs, 80 lift springs would require alot more in the way of modifications.
It's not necessarily all about spring height (which is important) but rate matters as well, which I guess I was somewhat getting at. If 80 series springs yield a 2" gain over factory, it seems like a small lift could yield you a flexy 3"-4" on a Disco.

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
It's not necessarily all about spring height (which is important) but rate matters as well, which I guess I was somewhat getting at. If 80 series springs yield a 2" gain over factory, it seems like a small lift could yield you a flexy 3"-4" on a Disco.

Well the bonus of the "80 lift" is that you only buy two springs, and swap the rears to the front. Its not a full set of FJ-80 springs. There is a flame war, I mean thread on FJ-80 springs on P38.

If you want flexy 3" buy the OME 3" lift. I want a little more stiffness in my shocks, but I just drove about 20 or so miles of baby-heads, and was surprisingly comfortable. The poor guys in the lifted 90 were not as happy (I am sure the seats contribute to that as well) and neither was the DII with I believe an RTE suspension (he is happier at 70 on the highway than me though). I got mine from GBR.

I understand why someone on a budget would do the "80 lift" but if you are talking buying 4 springs, there is no real price difference between these 4 OME springs, and those 4 OME springs.

And to bring it back to Rovers Pictures!!!

Somewhere in the Uinta Mtns

Utah%252520Trophy%252520Run%252520132.jpg

Trying to get to Mirror Lake Highway (the hard way). sitting at 11,000' (maybe it was 11,500 my memory sucks )
Utah%252520Trophy%252520Run%252520154.jpg

Photos courtesy of Tom

Last edited:

czenkov

Adventurer
(It was 11,500 and change)

As the guy in the lifted D90 I think the springs and shock setup was overall ok, the discomfort was more due to wheelbase. Although my ******** was numb from having been on the road (dirt, pavement, barely discernible two track, etc) for, what was it when we found the heads, 8 hours? ;) So who really knows. I think my Defender is pretty comfortable for what it is so keep that in mind. Ahh, it is what adventure is made of.

Last edited:

Bad Voodoo

Unassuming Superhero
Just picked it up and got it home. LOW mileage '02 DII Kalahari Edition w/ a few mods... OME suspension bits, Hannibal rack w/ HID lighting, snorkel, and ARB w/ Warn XD9000. Needs tires, and the steel bits (ladder/SG sliders) need to be removed, blasted, and recoated.

14e0tg6.jpg

Also going to have new drive shafts installed and balanced, an '04 t-case w/ CDL installed, and perhaps install some additional traction goodies. Ain't going to win any races, especially pulling up grades, but drives beautifully otherwise! :ylsmoke:

Daktari

Hi all!,

I'm currently doing some research in central america ,but i live in the south (Chile)

Can't wait to travel again !!

2mxn7tt.jpg

regards!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven