Post up your drawer/storage system

DarthBeaver

Adventurer
So this is the beginning of my "drawer system". It is a removable flooring setup to allow drawers/fridge/etc to be "bolted on". I wanted a stable base to build off of and this was what I came up with. I removed the 1.5 person seat to make room for the 86qt fridge/freezer.

Seems to be very steady and with the removal of 10 or so screws you can get to the frame and undo the turnbuckles thereby removing the flooring....

Basic frame made from 1x1"
IMG_1630.jpg

Cable and turnbuckle attachment point in the rear
IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

Cable and turnbuckle attachment point in the middle
IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

Finished flooring using baltic birch pre-finished plywood
IMG_1637.jpg

Behind the passenger seat
IMG_1639.jpg

table legs for support under the front of the flooring.
IMG_1640.jpg

hikingff77

Adventurer
My planned set up...

This is my plan to keep it simple and get some form of organization to my truck bed. I'm planning on having a cap with wind-doors so I'll be able to get to everything on the sides. The lids to the area where the paddles go and where the food & other storage area will have loops on top so I can bungee more stuff down and kept neat.

Attachments

• Bed Storage.JPG
    Bed Storage.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 269
Not exactly a "drawer", it's a surplus medical cabinet on a 100% drawer slide. Three shelves keep everything nice and accessible and the ends come off and are tables.

file-17.jpg

file-18.jpg

Correus

Adventurer
Not exactly a "drawer", it's a surplus medical cabinet on a 100% drawer slide. Three shelves keep everything nice and accessible and the ends come off and are tables.

file-17.jpg

file-18.jpg

Where did you get that thing?!?! :Wow1:

I could really use one!!

trasko

Adventurer
Whoa that is really great. The integrated table is blowing my mind. Hopefully you don't want to drive anywhere while the table is deployed!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
drawer storage

I have one of these medical boxes for sale. Shipping would be expensive as it is heavy.

I will have to check if it is the multi-drawer or the shelf unit

Whoa that is really great. The integrated table is blowing my mind. Hopefully you don't want to drive anywhere while the table is deployed!

Or worse, both tables deployed (each end is a separate table). I can get it all back together in 2-3 minutes. They just fold up and the ratchet straps end up holding them in place fairly well, with the seals actually helping a bit.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
And still no beaver jokes (where's Leslie Nielsen when you need him?)...

Impressive effort indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal