Post vids of your 4.0 exhaust

Tdaz250

Trying to decide weather to get a different muffler for my 4.0. I have magnaflow on my truck and it sounds good but then agian its a v8...friends got a flowmaster on his v6 tacoma.

I like the flowmaster either 40...super 40 or 44 or super 44. The only thing is i dont want to be the ******* in the neighborhood with the loud exhaust since i leave the house at about 6:30 every day.

From youtube borla's also sound pretty good.

Anyways sorry if this has been posted alot before.

wjeeper

I had a flowmaster 40 series muffer on my 4.0 L Grand Cherokee and I regreted absolutly every single moment of it. It resonated in the cab too much for my liking. Kinda hard to explain but it felt like the extra noise fatigued you more when driving on the freeway. It was nearly as loud as the stock muffler with a giant tear in the bottom, smoother sounding but nearly as loud.

I have a nearly new stainless cat back Borla system I pulled from the junkyard last year. I have yet to install it due to the "bitter taste" the flowmaster left. I am curious to what others think of the Borla.......................

alexfm

Explorer
I've got a CherryBomb Turbo muffler on my 4.0L XJ. I really like it. I'll see if I can get a video posted later.

b52

You will love the Borla muffler on the 4.0L. I have a 2000 Cherokee which I originally had a flowmaster 40 on it and I loved it, it brought out the 4.0L sound, however, as I got older and decided to make my XJ into a traveler and a work rig the more I started to dread the 40 series. I had a Borla muffler laying around which I originally had on a TJ and ironically enough swapped it out with a 40 series because the Borla was too quiet (I was 17). And now I am back to the Borla on my Cherokee and probably wont ever swap it out. It is slightly louder than the factory muffler but only from the outside. Inside the cabin all you can hear is the motor and the wind. But, no cabin drone and no V8 like rumble and especially no garggling. which my 40 series did both on the tj and the Cherokee. It has been proven to be well built and durable. It has seen many Canadian winters which involves lots of salt, dirt and water and the can looks new and I havent seen any rusto or corrosion bulding yet and the welds look clean. Hope this helps.

intothewild

Adventurer
I will get a video of mine tomorrow. Have pacesetter header, 2.5" catback and generic aftermarket muffler. I'm a V8 guy at heart, and I don't think the Jeep sounds too bad. Not too loud, but has a nice tone to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk