Post your Camp Awnings

grimbo

Explorer
I have an ARB awning on the Patrol and I fabbed up a quick one for the trailer. Just a 6 x 4 tarp, some sail track, a couple of poles and extender and a couple of hooks. Sets up in about 2 minutes, shades the trailer kitchen and with a couple of guy ropes is fine in the wind

Updated pic actually camping instead of in my drive way
31c07c4d-ffb2-52bc.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327538568.818043.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327538568.818043.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,439
Last edited:

MattL

Adventurer
Here's my home depot special.

Crossbars have threaded ends so I used threaded pvc pipe for the awning cross supports.
Sewed pockets on the material for the pvc to slide into.
Used half a busted awning side (legs that extend/fold) for the vertical support.

It's not the best looking thing but it does the job and was dirt cheap to make (~$30 in hardware/material).

dsc0248eu.jpg

kb7our

Explorer
Like CLCOYLE said, lots of good options. I cannot believe there is still no privacy room for the Fiamma F35 Pro as popular and sturdy as this awning is. What's up with this, vendors who carry this awning?

kai38

Explorer
I have the Smittybilt Trail Shade http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/83.htm
I modified it a little by having an upholstery shop sew some welt made to slide into a track
I got the awning track at Camping World and attached a 6ft section to the sides of my RTT, so that when mounted on my FJ I can atache it to either side of the tent for camp shade.
If I don't have the RTT mounted on the roof rack I also attached a small section to the roof of the FJ
Side view of awning C channel
DSCN0916.JPG

Awning welt sewn into edge of awning
DSCN0917.JPG

Awning extended out
DSCN0920.JPG

The other end has poles to set out and guide lines sorry no pictures of the awning extended with poles,but you get the idea

kai38

Explorer
Right now I'm testing 3M outdoor commercial double sided tape
If that doesn't work I'll have to break down and put a few screws through the roof.

Airmonger

Adventurer
I contacted hannibal and they said there sold out! I also contact Sol Sails who made tacodoc annex for his Fiamma but they said there guy who did that sort of work took another job and they had to regretfully decline my offer for business. Will nobody take my money? I'm now looking at and eezi awn and a howling moon. I want an aluminum case and the ability to add privy shelter. I know the Eezi Awn stuff is bulletproof but is it worth the 50% premium over the other hard shell awnings on the market? Has anybody had any experience with the Howling moon awning and annex?

joneseyyy

Explorer
I contacted hannibal and they said there sold out! I also contact Sol Sails who made tacodoc annex for his Fiamma but they said there guy who did that sort of work took another job and they had to regretfully decline my offer for business. Will nobody take my money? I'm now looking at and eezi awn and a howling moon. I want an aluminum case and the ability to add privy shelter. I know the Eezi Awn stuff is bulletproof but is it worth the 50% premium over the other hard shell awnings on the market? Has anybody had any experience with the Howling moon awning and annex?

Just ordered, or committed to order the Howling Moon alu awn and wallset from Bundu Guy this afternoon. When it comes in I'll post up a review. I expect it will fit my wants/needs perfectly!

Ben

Palehorse1

Observer

Thanks for the heads up on SLO Sails as I was heading that direction too. I'll still call Andrew just so I can hear it from him personally but would be greatful to hear from you if you source another manufacturer for the "Skookum Annex." Wonder if anyone has enlightened Dave on the joys of owning a commercial sewing machine? ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk