Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

brad2274

Adventurer
Got stuck on a trail near campus, i was bottomed out in some ruts, not sure if they were there or if i dug myself in. I thought it was a puddle and was just a big watery mud bog, front wheels sank right in and i couldnt pull them out with the rears, put wood under all 4 wheels and tried digging, it was bad muck.

Buddy came with 4x4 tacoma and ripped his bumper apart on the first pull, 6 tries later i was still stuck and now diff was on the ground and all wheels spun at idle in drive lol.

coughed up $250 for a 4x4 tow, lifted Z71 with 35s and a boat lifting strap got me out after some tugging, expensive but didnt have much choice, it was 55 degrees out so i built a few fires and made dinner while out there for 5 hours.

On the bright side i got these 6 Hella 500s for $120 on craigslist, gotta figure out how to mount them all on my roof rack asap

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Got stuck on a trail near campus, i was bottomed out in some ruts, not sure if they were there or if i dug myself in. I thought it was a puddle and was just a big watery mud bog, front wheels sank right in and i couldnt pull them out with the rears, put wood under all 4 wheels and tried digging, it was bad muck.

Buddy came with 4x4 tacoma and ripped his bumper apart on the first pull, 6 tries later i was still stuck and now diff was on the ground and all wheels spun at idle in drive lol.

coughed up $250 for a 4x4 tow, lifted Z71 with 35s and a boat lifting strap got me out after some tugging, expensive but didnt have much choice, it was 55 degrees out so i built a few fires and made dinner while out there for 5 hours.

On the bright side i got these 6 Hella 500s for $120 on craigslist, gotta figure out how to mount them all on my roof rack asap

Live and learn I suppose. Now become friends with guys who have winches and know how to recover a vehicle, buying a few people dinner for their efforts and laughing about it over a burger is much cheaper and entertaining than the alternatives.

montero98ls

Observer

Correct me if I'm wrong but I hope that strap isn't wrapped around a tow ball......Also if it is, it also looks like it was the light duty on attached to the bumper. Should have attached to a recovery point on the frame. Anyways I've gotten stuck like that as well but in a sport and they wanted $250 for a winch out but a tacoma came by and was able to get me out. Kind of opposite outcome lol.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Winter wheeling east of the Sierras.

Attachments

• P1010988.jpg
    P1010988.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 28

Swank Force One

Adventurer
OpTKp54.jpg

brad2274

Adventurer
Live and learn I suppose. Now become friends with guys who have winches and know how to recover a vehicle, buying a few people dinner for their efforts and laughing about it over a burger is much cheaper and entertaining than the alternatives.

hahah i know, i was gonna buy my tacoma guy dinner and offered to replace the bumper, but he said he was getting an aftermarket one soon. i know zero people with trucks besides him in jacksonville lol.

invest into hi-lift, it saved my friend's land cruiser from being consumed by sand under water in query :)

hi-lift, bigger tires, and a winch are top of the list!

Or just have a farm jack/high lift and a few pieces of 2x4 and straps and do this

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_noiFPBv398
will definitely remember that one! my firewood probably wasnt long enough tho

Cool idea but I'm not sure that would have worked for the OP.
im guessing its a maybe if i tried that when i first got stuck using some foot and a half fire wood, but it couldve just churned mud. longer 2x4 probably wouldve snapped if i tried doing that to lift the rear off the ground.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I hope that strap isn't wrapped around a tow ball......Also if it is, it also looks like it was the light duty on attached to the bumper. Should have attached to a recovery point on the frame. Anyways I've gotten stuck like that as well but in a sport and they wanted $250 for a winch out but a tacoma came by and was able to get me out. Kind of opposite outcome lol.
it was on the tow ball, but the bumper failed at the bad rust in the bumpers frame. Wasnt many other strong hook ups underneath in the tacoma which surprised me. And a lot of the frame looked pretty flimsy to be honest. i had that beefy round bar behind my bumper we tied to, zero problems with that.

Although when the chevy pulled me out, he put a ball in my receiver and used a big strap with large hooks and just went ball-to-ball and that seemed pretty sturdy.

mcskibadee1

Adventurer
Damn, that is some deep mud!

Went to Anza Borrego again this weekend. I am falling in love with that place.

Pinyon drop off ( heart attack hill)
24385316492_779023ff7e_z.jpg

23866800913_cbf6822a3e_z.jpg

The Squeeze.
24493723465_1476ee0f51_c.jpg

End of the day in fish creek with my friend and his ZR-2.
24058210889_27a9177c71_c.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
mcskibadee1 I am seriously impressed you did the Pinyon drop-off in your Monty. I am afraid to do it. I just don't think there is enough articulation in the suspension to keep it from rolling. Do you have any more photos of you going through the first part of the hill? I've done this trail in my Jeep a time or two, but that baby just flexed through everything. The Monty on the other hand, feels like it wants to tip over on Cleghorn!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater