Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

scrubber3

Not really here
I just bought a 1996 Montero LX a few months back and I think it is one of the best all around 4x4 I have ever owned. I have not had much time to build it up but i have put on 33 inch tires and taken off the running boards, I also installed a nice sound system and just cleaned it up. Ive been on a few trails with it and am looking for my first long weekend to go up Bee Canyon truck trail to Idylwild. I plan to put on a different roof rack and mount my goodies on it, other than that it is awesome on or off road just the way it is. Here is a pic.View attachment 105236

Welcome aboard. I'm sure you meant LS and not LX right?

nwoods

Expedition Leader
76EC38AD-orig.jpg

Silverwolf, that looks great! Why did you go with 32's instead of 33's? I'm seriously considering getting another Montero, assuming myself and my family can fit. If I do, I'll be wanting to lift mine and put on some decent shoes.

94monster

Observer
Montero Silver.JPGMontero black.JPG

Not sure if I like the black yet but it's growing on me... painted it with plasti-dip so it peels off if I change my mind

DavidG

Adventurer
Lots of nice looking Monteros!

Many small changes since I bought it over 9 years ago. Here is what it looks like now...

photo.jpg

DavidG

Adventurer
Oh nice! Those tall and skinnys look good! Are those the FJC wheels? What size tires?

Thanks. I removed all the SR bodywork, so that makes things interesting. The tires are 255/75-17 BFG Muds used on the Rubicon (Different Tread or DT KM, not KM2). And yes, they are FJC wheels that I had to lightly mod. The center hub bore on the Montero is a couple millimeters wider than the Toyota FJC wheels, so it did take some time grinding them to fit. But, no issues after tens of thousands of miles.

Thanks. I removed all the SR bodywork, so that makes things interesting. The tires are 255/75-17 BFG Muds used on the Rubicon (Different Tread or DT KM, not KM2). And yes, they are FJC wheels that I had to lightly mod. The center hub bore on the Montero is a couple millimeters wider than the Toyota FJC wheels, so it did take some time grinding them to fit. But, no issues after tens of thousands of miles.

Awesome, post some more pics please.

BTW, I see those Rubicon tires all the time on craigslist!

Imnosaint

Gone Microcamping
And yes, they are FJC wheels that I had to lightly mod. The center hub bore on the Montero is a couple millimeters wider than the Toyota FJC wheels, so it did take some time grinding them to fit. But, no issues after tens of thousands of miles.

Looks like the offset works fine. I have a Gen III on which I use spacers to increase track and aesthetically fill the wheel wells with the stock wheels. I'm considering FJC wheels as well, and with the spacers won't have to modify the rims. My question to you is, did the FJC wheels' offset increase your track or is it within stock parameters?

Great looking rig BTW.

DavidG

Adventurer
A few more pics for you!

Another from the Cohuttas
photo3.jpg

Bringing the Super Sherpa home
photo2.jpg

With the bodywork, loaded down and with the RTT
IMG_0271.jpg

When I ran 33x12.50 TSL Radials on steelies
IMG_5728.jpg
IMG_0547.jpg
IMG_0540.jpg

Crossing Tallulah River
montero_stream.jpg

Shortly after I bought it I installed steel wheels and 32x11.50 BFG Muds
montero_tires_lift.jpg

Stock
montero_stock.jpg

DavidG

Adventurer
Looks like the offset works fine. I have a Gen III on which I use spacers to increase track and aesthetically fill the wheel wells with the stock wheels. I'm considering FJC wheels as well, and with the spacers won't have to modify the rims. My question to you is, did the FJC wheels' offset increase your track or is it within stock parameters?

Great looking rig BTW.

Thanks, I appreciate it. To answer your question, with 17x7.5 FJC wheels on a Gen II the track is very similar to the stock 15x7 SR wheel. The FJC wheels are slightly wider, and that width actually is mostly inboard. However, I have not had any clearance issues. Granted, the tires I run are fairly narrow so if you flexed (ha! flex on a Montero) a larger tire on the FJC wheels it may rub. Here's what I found when I researched differences:

Stock 15x7 wheel on my 1997 SR has a bore of 108mm and approx. 4.50" backspacing from mounting surface to outside edge.

FJC 17x7.5 has a bore of 106mm and approx. 4-7/8" from mounting surface to outside edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online