Post your motorcycle trailers with RTTs

dcg141

Adventurer
Wow, nice setup. Obviously I have not mounted a RTT yet. Really don't need it till the fall. Still on the fence about the one I going to purchase.

hansrober

Adventurer
I like the RTT, its nice staying in a high rise:). I just thought it was cool and really different, but I actually sleep in the screened room attachment on the awning a lot of the time. I sent a link of this thread to a few of my friends and we all agree your trailer Rocks!

dcg141

Adventurer
I usually carry a pop-up but after seeing yours I think I'm going with that style of awing with the screen room also.

hansrober

Adventurer
Yes I have thought about buying the walled tent attachment for the awning also to keep dry in really bad weather or a full additional room while going out with friends. The only downside to the screen is it had no floor. I carry some of that outdoor carpet and put it down in and around it. Here in Fl. a screen room makes life better! Those yellow flies and mosquitos are relentless!

dcg141

Adventurer
Went riding tday for the first time using the trailer. It works just like I wanted. Easy to load and unload quickly. Wonder why now no one thought of the tools facing the outside, it works perfect.

dcg141

Adventurer
One added bonus is when you open the top all the heat is released from the trailer. I sat inside and dressed wo losing 10 lbs to sweat.

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
DCG, I really like your set up, but I'm wondering why if are using your trailer to haul your bike on camping trips why you aren't getting the most out of the interior by sleeping inside, rather than a Roof Top Tent?

Here's my thoughts.
Had you put an entry door where the right front tool box is you could close the back door, use the inside for you sleeping needs with a drop down matteress on a platform hinged off the left wall.
Then add some bug mesh and rain curtains with snaps to fill the gap between the raised roof and side walls so you can enjoy the added headroom while the top is raised. This way you could raise the rear door ramp for a rear camper wall for security.

AND, this would give you the option of adding a roof top AC Unit for the Desert campouts. (I live in Texas, so staying cool is important!)(And I sleep better when I can stay cool.)

And again, if it were mine, I'd have the right side drop down door, above the fender, lengthened to make a kitchen shelf for a cooking stove and food prep.

Oh, and let me tell you about this table I found online.
I recently bought a small table (EBAY $75) for camping that has a sink molded into the table top. The faucet is removable. It would be a perfect addition to your screened in area with an awning on that right side. Could easily store against the interior wall for traveling.

That nice tool box could easily be stored inside and set on the drop down table when you need to work on the bike. The compressor is nice but can be stored anywhere.

Oh and my idea would allow you to haul two bikes inside. Either take a scooter for the wife or another bike for a friend. Let him sleep on a cot in the screen room.

Like I said, I really like the trailer, just think it has more untapped uses in it.
Not a fan of RTT's because it's too hard to get out in the middle of the night for a pee. Bottle peeing will never work with the wife up there.

Montrose Trailers built you a beautiful trailer, bet that wasn't cheap!!!!!
Tread Plate Aluminum is spensive!

And yes, I am building a trailer for hauling my ADV bike, built like I described, only my trailer is steerable with remote control for hauling behind my 4X4.

But, I can't afford aluminum!

dcg141

Adventurer
Curtis I have had several enclosed trailers over the years and right now I still own a E450 Box van that I have converted to a sleeper/shop. Honestly I have just grown tired of sleeping in steel boxes. In the south as you know you either have to heat it or cool it to make it comfortable enough to sleep. Also I wanted to get a simpler set up and really not much beyond a tent and a sleeping bag for camping. I spend most of my time on the bike and I don't cook much other than grilling or breakfast with my coleman stove. The trailer is pretty small also. 10x5 with 4 1/2 foot walls.

dcg141

Adventurer
I have a tent with the annex coming from Gordigear. HEI Outdoors is the US distributor now. Tents are supposed to arrive next month.

Still building the trailer but I test fit the bike the other day. I'll be able to carry 2-3 bikes and have internal storage and my rtt up top
b3bba2362886c75e23ca8ef8b8238803.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater