• prentice cooper1.jpg
    prentice cooper1.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 108
  • hicks mtn.jpg
    hicks mtn.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 110

WhiteEvo

Observer
Nice 75.... you hardly ever see any that clean. Those years were so rusty. In WA I barely see any on Craigslist for sale. Nice to see a third row too

Thanks colierar! It looks cleaner in the pics, as far as rust, you are right, very rust free, just a sm section of the drivers floor needs replacing, the passenger side rockers and quarter panel have damage from previous owner and the doors are in tough shape. But I'm getting a little bit done to her at a time! Wish it had the 3rd row, doesn't even have the provisions for mounting one. But don't really need it ☺

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Renntag

Adventurer
Lots of nice Burbs.

I have just purchased this one. Lots of plans. Will be starting a build thread. Many nice builds here to be inspired from.

Attachments

• 20140323_162936_Snow bank in Nanuet1.jpg
    20140323_162936_Snow bank in Nanuet1.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

BradyD

Observer
1170734_4808355901727_1369623673_n.jpg
Helping out a stranger at the beach. The tow strap saw a lot of action that week. Always happy to help though.

clandr1

Adventurer
Lots of nice Burbs.

I have just purchased this one. Lots of plans. Will be starting a build thread. Lots of plans.

I don't think you could've picked a better model to build. It looks like a 3/4 ton so gears and axles are already upgraded, and it appears to be a base model meaning you have fewer electrical items to watch out for. Great starting point!

bucklti

my 89 burb

This is my 89 V2500. I bought it about 5 years ago. I haven't done much in upgrades except put on a 5x8 defender roof rack, a tachometer, and cleaned up the hitch/propane filler box. It is a 4 speed stick shift and it also has a propane conversion.

Renntag

Adventurer
I don't think you could've picked a better model to build. It looks like a 3/4 ton so gears and axles are already upgraded, and it appears to be a base model meaning you have fewer electrical items to watch out for. Great starting point!
Thanks.
I wish the rear axle was a full floater and the front a bit more beefy. I am looking into a Military truck axle swap.

Bucklti: Nice suburban ! Very cool that it runs on propane and has a manual trans. Rare find.

colierar

Observer
Thanks colierar! It looks cleaner in the pics, as far as rust, you are right, very rust free, just a sm section of the drivers floor needs replacing, the passenger side rockers and quarter panel have damage from previous owner and the doors are in tough shape. But I'm getting a little bit done to her at a time! Wish it had the 3rd row, doesn't even have the provisions for mounting one. But don't really need it ☺

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Oh man, I got so excited to see an older Burb that I didn't realize it was the front seat I was looking at. Thought it had a third row seat. Still a cool suburban.

boris

You guys have some trucks in some nice shapes. Ours just has a lot of jagged holes, but nowhere terribly important.
Here's our 2nd '90 6.2. It was "in storage" for about a year, but we got it out last summer. Took a trip out west recently and had a lot of fun.

i-qnDkms3-XL.jpg

i-MKHNPbB-XL.jpg

i-5QsXZQ4-XL.jpg

i-4Z5HV2S-XL.jpg

i-J73T9sV-XL.jpg

i-SNfFHCq-XL.jpg

i-R6FdD5K-XL.jpg

i-k7BWVjG-XL.jpg

You guys have some trucks in some nice shapes. Ours just has a lot of jagged holes, but nowhere terribly important.
Here's our 2nd '90 6.2. It was "in storage" for about a year, but we got it out last summer. Took a trip out west recently and had a lot of fun.

i-qnDkms3-XL.jpg

i-MKHNPbB-XL.jpg

i-5QsXZQ4-XL.jpg

i-4Z5HV2S-XL.jpg

i-J73T9sV-XL.jpg

i-SNfFHCq-XL.jpg

i-R6FdD5K-XL.jpg

i-k7BWVjG-XL.jpg

Great pics. Love the scenery and the way the car looks.

Renntag

Adventurer
Brought home this low mile '99 Suburban last night.
View attachment 220519
Nice. I have recently sold my 99, nearly identical to yours, to a family member that has been bugging me for it for several years. Maybe I'll buy it back one day.
Mine is a 6.5TD, full leather with a tail gate. Same colour as yours.
Enjoy, they are really nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven