post your Suburban pics

dieselfuel

Adventurer
Nice truck born shady spot. ;)

Question for everyone: I am considering a prefab overhead console and am curious if anyone as purchased this one via Vertically Driven Products?
View attachment 239253

the big problem with those shelves is things wanting to fall off when climbing hills or ledges. for nothing but on-road use, they're probably fine though.

now that ive got a couple photos that lok half decent i might as well throw one out there for everyone.
89 GMC, 4.5" of lift, beat up old 37" military surplus tires, getting replaced by 37" BFG A/Ts asap.
A3DF8C93-EF2D-4C00-9888-6A8B67D82BD2_zpsbbc6xsjs.jpg

Renntag

Adventurer
True about things falling out while off road. Thinking it can be a good place to mount a cb, stereo, gauges, switches, etc.

Diesel fuel: your burb project is enviable. Thanks for sharing. Keep the updates coming.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
The only use of that that can see would be for strapping a long gun collapsible fishing pole or umbrella.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Renntag

Adventurer
The only use of that that can see would be for strapping a long gun collapsible fishing pole or umbrella.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
Sorry this isnt "Burb pics".

Qmv7a: Assuming you are referring to the VDP console I am considering, I am not sure I made clear my intended use.

I am thinking this would be a good housing for gauges, switches, a cb, stereo head unit, etc. All permanently mounted items up out of the way.

I guess i just need the drop dimension and depth off the windshield to mock it up with card board. That might get me an idea off possible obstruction for those of us 6 feet tall and taller.

I will share what I find if there is anyone interested.

Shawn686

Observer
the big problem with those shelves is things wanting to fall off when climbing hills or ledges. for nothing but on-road use, they're probably fine though.

Or you mean a place to mount switches, radios and monitors that takes up no space in the dash :smiley_drive:

Shawn

Malamute

Observer
Sorry this isnt "Burb pics".

Qmv7a: Assuming you are referring to the VDP console I am considering, I am not sure I made clear my intended use.

I am thinking this would be a good housing for gauges, switches, a cb, stereo head unit, etc. All permanently mounted items up out of the way.

I guess i just need the drop dimension and depth off the windshield to mock it up with card board. That might get me an idea off possible obstruction for those of us 6 feet tall and taller.

I will share what I find if there is anyone interested.

I knew a guy that had one, or a similar unit. It dropped the visors down into the windshield viewing area and was generally sort of a nuisance regarding visibility.

Let us know what you decide after mocking it up.

Renntag

Adventurer
Nice truck Jerry. Looks mean.

I knew a guy that had one, or a similar unit. It dropped the visors down into the windshield viewing area and was generally sort of a nuisance regarding visibility.

Let us know what you decide after mocking it up.
I thought about the loss of visibility through the top of the windscreen, but I rarely use it. Mock up will give me an idea of the location and altered view.
The visors can be resecured. No problem.
Certainly not worried about loose stuff as i have no intent to carry loose stuff. I just wish to have electronics up top.

More to follow. ;)

Last edited:

Dutch Matrix

Picked up 35 inch bfgs, and installed a double din (wanted navigation), picked up the steel for the custom rear bumper, did pitman arm, idler arm, and front brakes, plus new door handle, rear barn door straps, and picked up cab marker lights. Gunna order rims tomorrow, and the lift sometime in the next few days. Can't wait to get the burb together!

Here it was on the beach over the weekend

And the tires.

Dutch Matrix

That's it! I just snapped that damn cb antenna off!

But! This morning I ordered the lift and wheels so in a week or two, this truck should be ready for action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven