post your Suburban pics

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Nice truck born shady spot. ;)

Question for everyone: I am considering a prefab overhead console and am curious if anyone as purchased this one via Vertically Driven Products?
View attachment 239253

I have one of those that is the Shelf-It brand in my ’78 K10 and love it. It really helps with storage especially in an old standard cab truck where there isn’t any place to put anything but like dieselfuel said, look out for flying stuff when the travels get rough. I’ve caught a camera and binoculars in the forehead a few times now. Aside from that it is a neat storage dealeo at a reasonable cost. Easy to install too. Just unscrew the visors and screw the shelf into the existing screw holes then move the visors to the shelf. No need to drill holes! There is nothing I hate more than drilling holes and making swiss cheese out of nice old rigs for the sake of aftermarket bolt on crap. No need for that with the Shelf-It :elkgrin:

7428610948_ff9fcb24d5_b.jpg

Renntag

Adventurer
Thanks Larry. I appreciate your input.
Visibility is still good? Other than searching for aircraft over head?

clandr1

Adventurer
I have one of those that is the Shelf-It brand in my '78 K10 and love it. It really helps with storage especially in an old standard cab truck where there isn't any place to put anything but like dieselfuel said, look out for flying stuff when the travels get rough. I've caught a camera and binoculars in the forehead a few times now. Aside from that it is a neat storage dealeo at a reasonable cost. Easy to install too. Just unscrew the visors and screw the shelf into the existing screw holes then move the visors to the shelf. No need to drill holes! There is nothing I hate more than drilling holes and making swiss cheese out of nice old rigs for the sake of aftermarket bolt on crap. No need for that with the Shelf-It :elkgrin:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7272/7428610948_ff9fcb24d5_b.jpg

I'm jealous Larry. The metal on the roof of my cab is rusted all to hell. You did a really nice job of restoring yours (I'm assuming that isn't original paint).

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Thanks Larry. I appreciate your input.
Visibility is still good? Other than searching for aircraft over head?

Yeah, visibility is good for me but I am not all that big of a guy. A 6 ft. dude may have more of an issue.

jimed43

Adventurer
I have a overhead center console. I do not think they will work together.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Renntag

Adventurer
Larry: I am 6' tall. :eek:
Sitting in my truck, my estimation is that my most usable viewing area will be uninterupted.

jimed43: can you explain a little more? Do you have a '93 and up truck? My understanding is these shelves dont work with all factory overhead consoles.

jimed43

Adventurer
Larry: I am 6' tall. :eek:
Sitting in my truck, my estimation is that my most usable viewing area will be uninterupted.

jimed43: can you explain a little more? Do you have a '93 and up truck? My understanding is these shelves dont work with all factory overhead consoles.
I have a 99. It has homelink, map lights and a few other buttons up there.

Chili

Explorer
Wow. What part of the loop is this? Amazing view.

Sorry, just saw this post.. A little below Engineer Pass on Co Rd 20, just above Thoreau's Cabin. Here, try this:

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.9809686,-107.5613492,273m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

A few at the river last weekend.

I'm jealous of your barn doors.. My wife talked me into getting the lift-gate and I have regretted that since I purchased.

Nice truck born shady spot. ;)

Question for everyone: I am considering a prefab overhead console and am curious if anyone as purchased this one via Vertically Driven Products?
View attachment 239253

I wanted to put one of those in mine but because of the sunroof / overhead rear climate controls, it isn't compatible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven