Post your tents

dufferman

I've got an RV4 with standard side panels (2), a groundsheet and fly that I am thinking of selling to finance a new tent. It's been used about 4 times and has performed very well, even in hard rain.

Use to ( and still in basement) have a two person Dome tent

Then for the Rubicon, I bought the Oasis II which is light and easy to use. You can take it off the truck when you get to someplace you plan to be more than a few days. The bottom is nice like a trampoline so your not on the ground even when its off the vehicle. Very comfortable. It is small though and is basically like a big tent cot

View attachment 170992
View attachment 170996

I then got an ARB Simpson III (sold the oasis). It is really comfy and has room at the end for shoes and a bag. Very happy with this RTT
View attachment 170993
View attachment 170997

Of course I have my Kimberley Kamper that is always my first choice. I use the ARB RTT when expedition camping on runs the KK shouldn't go or when I don't want to slow the group down
View attachment 170994View attachment 170995

I am looking at potentially getting an Oztent as well. Now that my daughters are grown and have long term relationships, its very doable to fit in my Kimberley, but cramped. So was thinking if I got an Oztent for the daughter and her boyfriend, they could be set up against my awning and it would just be an extension. The RTT is only big enough for two so they could use that as well if they go with me on a trip when I use the RTT. This also gives me more room to spread out my stuff

Anyone want to sell an Oztent :)

Randall Dee

Huge Member
Hi, newbie here. I figured that this was as good a post as any to jump in with.

Sometimes my tent isn't a tent at all...
untitled-114.jpg

Sometimes it's just a 5 x 9 tarp.....
untitled.jpg

I saw another one of these posted earlier. It's a 14 x 14 Beckel TT Canvas tent. It takes one 10' center pole and 4 smaller outside poles. This design allows me to use it on late season steelhead floats with my 10 foot oar acting as the center pole.....
DSC_0233.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

Mojavejohn

Adventurer
what a cool set up
Hi, newbie here. I figured that this was as good a post as any to jump in with.

Sometimes my tent isn't a tent at all...
View attachment 171630

Sometimes it's just a 5 x 9 tarp.....
View attachment 171631

I saw another one of these posted earlier. It's a 14 x 14 Beckel TT Canvas tent. It takes one 10' center pole and 4 smaller outside poles. This design allows me to use it on late season steelhead floats with my 10 foot oar acting as the center pole.....
View attachment 171632

View attachment 171633

bluejeep

just a guy
Finally had the chance

Finally had the chance to setup and use my equipment together. I have an OZTENT RV3 and their screen room, but had never set them up as one 'camp' before. Granted this is just in my father's backyard, but none the less I had to learn what worked and what didn't. Much easier here than in the wild.

Placing the screen room (which has an extendable awning on each of its 4 sides, in the 'corner' off the outstretched awning of the Oztent, gave me an extended living space that was shaded (or protected somewhat from rain).

The trial setup was a success.

Attachments

• IMG_20130626_150747_574.jpg
    IMG_20130626_150747_574.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20130626_150913_523.jpg
    IMG_20130626_150913_523.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 113

Toyotacrawler

She's got the jimmy legs
Lots of great looking tents in here! Here is a pic of our Tepui Autana RTT.
attachment.php

briz65

Adventurer
Here's my CVT Mt Ranier on my FJC on a recent camping trip.
ebady3ar.jpg
ga9u6asy.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Honu

lost on the mainland
what is that round thing in the middle of what looks like the tent cover ? or is it just another bag you put there :) curious :)

briz65

Adventurer
what is that round thing in the middle of what looks like the tent cover ? or is it just another bag you put there :) curious :)

That, kind sir, is a collapsible water bucket. :D

briz65

Adventurer
Do you remove the cover completely and if so do you just slide it out of the channel every time?

Yes I just slide it out In order to install the annex I have to remove the cover. A minor inconvenience for such an awesome tent. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman

Members online