Post your tents

FlagRS

Gone to the dogs.
Kodiak 10X10

Friday night at Usery Mt. Park outside Mesa AZ.

IMG_1970-L.jpg

IMG_1966-L.jpg

Saturday morning my wife ran back to Mesa.

IMG_20150228_054925117-L.jpg

steve c

Adventurer
I thought everything south of Bradshaw trail was military. Great pic and I really like that area. We got rained on, camping in Cougar Buttes.

South of I10 and off the Bradshaw. (more specifically off of Gas Line Rd off of the Bradshaw. Does that make sense?)

You are correct. If we went south of the Bradshaw we'd be a moving target for the F-18 pilots that buzzed us!

Woods

Explorer
Just checked it out. I've never been that far North up Bradshaw trail and was surprised to see how long it is (goes WAY past Gas Line). I've only taken it up to Red Rock Canyon.

Great look'n spot. Thanks for the post.

South of I10 and off the Bradshaw. (more specifically off of Gas Line Rd off of the Bradshaw. Does that make sense?)

You are correct. If we went south of the Bradshaw we'd be a moving target for the F-18 pilots that buzzed us!

steve c

Adventurer
Just checked it out. I've never been that far North up Bradshaw trail and was surprised to see how long it is (goes WAY past Gas Line). I've only taken it up to Red Rock Canyon.

Great look'n spot. Thanks for the post.

Too funny. We entered the Bradshaw at Red Canyon. Took it down from the Patton Museum area.

ETA:

I scurried up the side of the hill by our campsite.
Some wonderful desert views from up there

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
Tepui Auntana and 6x6 awning:
I haven't had this one for more than a couple months, but so far so good. My only two real gripes thus far are that you need to remove the cover to fully install the awning (I really hate dealing with bulb and channel) and the hoop/pole for the covered entry has to be removed in order to stow the tent. The first issue is easily mitigated since using the zipper only seems to work just fine and the cover can be shoved between the rack and roof. The annex is awesome; the floor is thick and there is an access door to retrieve stuff from inside my Jeep without having to leave the confines of the tent.

IMG_1619.jpg

Kodiak Tent:
This is an outstanding ground tent if you have the room and don't mind the ridiculous weight for a ground tent. It requires two people to set up and takes roughly 30 minutes to setup. It does have a few shortcomings like antiquated poles (heavy steel with thumbscrew tensioners) and the corner pole loops could be be heavier duty (one broke last year). When collapsed, the poles are an inch or two too long to lay flat across the floor of a JK/JKU which makes it frustrating to find a decent place to stow them when traveling with the rear seats upright and occupied. This tent breathes wonderfully in the summer and retains a fair amount of heat in the winter. Now that I have a RTT this will be a 3+ day, summer only tent. The floor is quite thick and easy to clean. The screen room is a godsend in the summer.

IMAGE_FB613A62-75E0-4E00-A952-4AFB34B56187.JPG

12 4-37-03 PM.jpg

smlobx

Wanderer
image.jpg

We've had a Nemo Losi 3P for about 18 months and so far love it. It's roomy and incredibly sturdy. We were kayak camping on the Eastern Shore one weekend last fall when a squall blew up out of no where.
Of the three tents that were used on the sand bar only the Nemo survived the night without collapse. 'Nuff said!

We've had other similar experiences as well.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
hello does your roof top tent have a opening to see stars etc when in warm climates?? thanks

I know that mine personally does not, but the Tepui ____-Sky models and I think Eezi-Awn or Howling Moon also have this option. CVT more than likely has a stargazer version as well.

Hunter67

Observer
hello does your roof top tent have a opening to see stars etc when in warm climates?? thanks

My previous RTT had such openings - it's an Oasis II:

P1040707a.jpg

Unfortunately the weather was always bad when sleeping in the tent, so I never had the chance to use these openings.

Markus

Cascadia-vehicle-tents

Supporting Sponsor
I know that mine personally does not, but the Tepui ____-Sky models and I think Eezi-Awn or Howling Moon also have this option. CVT more than likely has a stargazer version as well.

Yes we do. We offer it on 8 different models from our smaller Mt. Cailey, Bailey to our largest Mt. Adams and McKinley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner