Pre birth of a camper - No laughing!

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
The company name is Cafco. They were good at some things and less so on others. What are you looking to get help on?

Darcar

Great read...
I’ve built our camper, on the Mercedes 814d lwb van vario 2x4. It’s a much easier build!!
Well done. And good traveling.

guglemonster

G'day everyone,

I cannot find a presentation section or memeber newbies introduction, I wanted to congratulate both on the build, great work, and on the inspiration plus on shedding some light on some of my doubts and clearing my mind for some solutions.

At the moment I'm driving a scarcely if not nil converted Toyota Prado 120 with my two dogs, future project a DOKA 81X 4x4 with a very spartan conversion to keep weight and dimensions very small, height is always a real PIA in such vehicles ;)

cheers

Guglemonster

guglemonster

I look forward to the pictures and reading all about it
Hi ;) well, at the moment I'm still planning, looking around for a suitable vehicle, and designing a very low center of gravity setup, they are a bit to easy to kip over to the side, solid axel, leaf springs and way too high center of gravity once the mod is finished. My plan is to have 90% of all tanks and heavy stuf attached to the frame itself, truck style, nothing in the living space, some cross bracing on the frame will be needed but I need the stability for some "proper" off-roading, nothing fancy, but nontheless I do not want to kip over on a small hill climb, therfore all must be low. any link or any idea where I could find frame mounted parts?

thank you all people

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design