Project "Autonomous" F-350

rayra

Expedition Leader
Triple dog dare. After all, how stuck can you get?

/he asked, in a deceptively mild voice

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I never get stuck, most of the time I'm in 2wd; even in the sand. Eric is dead on with the long wheelbase statement. My problems come from going too fast in the rough.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
:bike_rider::elkgrin:

Were you planning a walk through? If not, then the uhaul cab would be fine, but the crew cab would have more room for a walk through.

My plan is to slide the box back and build a cubicle under the overhang section that would be a utility room and also have a walk/crawl through. All my heavy objects are located towards the front of the box so the weight will still be between the axles. Having the underside of the bed enclosed will help with insulation from the heat and the cold. The box rests on a section of 2x2 steel tubing that sits on the truck's frame. I will cut that section out and extend it forward so the new cubicle will be part of the box structure. That way it will move with the box and I will only need to make an accordion seal from the cab to the cubicle. The walk through will also be used as a third person or maybe dog in the future, jump-seat. I can run my gas filler tubes up through the cubicle on both sides, have storage compartments, mount the house batteries there, etc. I also had an idea to make that the toilet room but have not figured out how to make it fit yet. The cubicle will have more useable space than the back seat of the crew cab. It will also form an angled transition between the width of the cab and the box to help with aerodynamics. All the ideas bouncing around in my head are starting to come together nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues