Project "Autonomous" F-350

Darwin

Explorer
Not sure if you mentioned it in the past or not, but are you concerned about having this heavy of a camper with only D rated tires? I like the ride you get with 17's and 37's but hardly any I have found are E rated, except the famous Toyo M/t but the damn thing is near 15 inches wide.

Petrolburner

Explorer
Not sure if you mentioned it in the past or not, but are you concerned about having this heavy of a camper with only D rated tires? I like the ride you get with 17's and 37's but hardly any I have found are E rated, except the famous Toyo M/t but the damn thing is near 15 inches wide.

I'm pretty sure he discusses the weight rating, and they're not D rated. I think the rating has low margins but it's still legit.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I am hoping to be under the 11.5k gvw when done. The tires I will be running are rated at 3525 max. That gives me plenty of safety margin. The box is actually really light. The walls are fiberglass reinforced plywood and the floor is extruded aluminum. The roof is aluminum sheet with aluminum braces. I think it weighs less than 1K?

Darwin

Explorer
I'm pretty sure he discusses the weight rating, and they're not D rated.
I looked at the mfg website, says they are D rated, which is the reason I asked. I realize they have a max load of 3525 lbs.
I am hoping to be under the 11.5k gvw when done. The tires I will be running are rated at 3525 max.
Thanks for the info, I am trying to find a suitable tire to carry the weight of my next camper.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
FOUR of them? heh. Room for plenty of wrong cuts. 100-150-lbs apiece?

Needs MOAR porthole.

I have two. They are not that heavy and will be lighter once I do some trimming. I just did a bunch of measuring and it might bump out past the wind shield like this.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Engineering the wind deflector today. Fits the box like a glove!

I also made the observation that my mountainbike fits inside. I think I just found a place for it! Just need to have the deflector slide or tilt forward.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Having the whole thing slide sideways on a frame, driven by a linear actuator, with racked goods inside it. Same frame serves all purposes, mount, slide, rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal