Project Mini Hägglund

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
That doesn't suprise me, but as long as you don't abuse the cutters you can get them resharpened almost indefinately.

What's the next tool upgrade? maybe some sheet metal tools for doing some nice bodywork? a brake press? punch press?

The next tool i want to buy is a oxy/ace setup with a torch...

Yes, i'll build a sheetmetal brake and a bead roller when i start the bodywork. A press brake would come in handy too, but i just don't have enough room for it...

Made some mounts for my mills:

12036877am.jpg

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Pretty awsome undertaking! Great skills and a shop for the task! Very nice!

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but saw the mention of transfering power to the rear, not sure where your bearings fit in, but...

Years ago, I believe it was Fitapaldi racing in the Mexico GP he rean a VW (may have won, don't remember) but they mated up two VW engines using a doughnut, two very rubber small rings that were looped together and bolt to a plate for each engine. It took the jerky-ness out of two independent engines.....

probably use something similar for dragsters, and, in all these posts it's probably been mentioned that Land Rover has a snow utility vehicle using a power take-off I believe.

Looks like you have it well in hand, just thought I'd mention something but you probably are already aware of such stuff.

More pics..... :)

Power will be transfered by a driveshaft to the rear unit...

Got a Eisele cold saw, a VFD for the mill, one for the lathe and a 40" sheetmetal brake today. I just need to pick it up and find some room for it...

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
I wish you were here, I have quite a few old slightly damaged or too worn out snowmobile tracks I would donate to this AWESOME PROJECT! I keep them laying around to make mudflaps or walking paths over the grass.

blaz

Adventurer
Thanks for inspiring me to get out and do some cleaning, etc.

IMG-20121004-00318.jpg

IMG-20121004-00319.jpg

IMG-20121004-00320.jpg

I also made a tailstock for my turntable.

IMG-20121004-00321.jpg

Keep up the hard work. It helps the rest of us get out and do the same.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
Stein,

You really should visit The Garage Journal, here, as they will love what you're doing, as we do, and there's two amazing German guy's making gorgeous toolboxes, here.

I can't wait to see your new tools in action.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:really cool addition to the tool park Steinez! Is that a `Danfoss´ electronic control system I see for the saw? If so, you got your hands on some good quality Danish hardware for your saw. I can certainly see why you are exhilirated about your new purchase! Nice stuff, and pretty soon you will be able to build a space shuttle with all the equipment you have there. Cheers, Chilli.:)

Those are two Danfoss variable frequency drives and a LC-Filter. They`ll go on the mill and lathe...

Put the sheetmetal brake on it`s place today:

12120540og.jpg

Finished up the saw:

12153959ta.jpg

Everything works:

12153999fi.jpg

At it`s place:

12154002eb.jpg

Then i started working on the Hägglund again. First i finished the front cv shafts:

12153966nq.jpg

What do you guys think about this joint? Should give me a lot more welding surface. Copied this from a guys who`s building pto shafts:

12153997gy.jpg

Then i started with the driveshaft to the rear car :

12153998tz.jpg

Fits:

12154007fl.jpg

Front part finished:

12154042ap.jpg

On it`s place:

12154049gn.jpg

Then i started fabricating the rear adapter:

12154044jz.jpg

12154050qr.jpg

12154043bg.jpg

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Have you considered changing the thread title from " Project Mini Hägglund " to "Project Mini Hägglund, or How To Build a World-Class Machine Shop on 10 Euro?"

I'm really impressed...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater