Project MULE - Expedition build on a 1991 1500 4x4 Suburban

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I love :Wow1:the work you are doing on that `Burb´PMA! I just read your build thread front to back and its cool following the detailed report with all the pics. You have great fabrication skills and I can see that this will be no ordinary ride once you are finished. Cheers, Chilli...:)

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Thanks Chilli, I am hoping to get into the real build of it soon. I am waiting for the truck to get back from paint. I need to re-assemble all the doors and they are getting all new weatherstripping. I then need to paint the roof with elastomeric paint and paint the black accent trim low on the body with bedliner.

Only after that can I start building a custom center console for all the electronics.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
A large amount of digging. but I found it pretty much new thru a guy on the CK5 forums.

I guess Keystone is making them noew instead of Lund, Rumor has it Keystone has the tooling from Lund. You can find them new at Summit Racing Equipment.

Last edited:

warwgn

Explorer
thanks.

I used to think they looked tacky, but now that I have the cut out flares and about to build a roof rack and bumpers I really like the idea of it and think it would look great, not to mention the function of it. Maybe I am just getting old but I am really starting to change my views on what is cool on a truck.....

Cant wait to see it installed, and how you run the wiing for the lights. Gonna prolly steal some ideas from you if you get around to it before I do, you do great work anyway so you make a very good example!!

PMA4x4

Adventurer
I have always liked the way the moon visors looked but they really only worked in older vehicles, basically from the 80s and older. As for the wiring of it It will be ran as per the instructions, down the inside of the A pillar.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
The adventure site needs some major updating. I have just been so busy trying to get work done on the burb that the Adventures site has fallen behind. I will try and get it up to speed in the next couple of weeks. Sorry about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman