Project MULE - Expedition build on a 1991 1500 4x4 Suburban

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Well the whole project wont be finished until around this time next year with the axles, gears and lockers.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
I have a whole 4x8 sheet of 16ga 5051 Aluminum sitting around doing nothing so I have decided to re do some of my door panels. Taking some ideas from this guy on the Expedition portal.

4853285.jpg

4853275.jpg

PMA4x4

Adventurer
I love my wife and here is why.

In trying to find a way to have a stronger transfer case I found a way to also have a 2-lo option. There are many time we need only 2 wheel drive but just need the slow control of the lo gear. So I found a transfer case that will do it along with twin sticking it (for more control).

So i mention to the wife "Hey Hun I figured a way we can have our 2 lo option again by swapping out transfer cases and adding some sticks."

and with that she replies

"just leave the hubs unlocked"...

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Updates:

I hope to be painting the grille and Moonvisor this weekend.
I pick up the first Auxiliary battery today.
Ordered the onboard 4 camera system for the iPad
Ordered the window vents from Germany.
Ordered Goose neck LED map lights.
Ordered Silent Circulation fans for interior.
Place order for bumpers.

Outback

Explorer
Hats off to ORD (Off Road Design)

I had purchased a Chevy shackle flip kit from another member on the CK5 Forums. Now, He had purchased them from ORD and never used them. I bought them from him and found out they were the wrong ones They should have been 4" when the ones I had on hand were the 2.5" He didn't even know he had the wrong ones until I spotted it. He contacted Chris Holick of ORD and I sent an email as well, This is where it gets good. Chris verified that in fact my seller did receive the wrong ones and would exchange them with me across the board. ORD even shipped them to me with no shipping charge.

Now this story is something you do occasionally see and its always nice to be reminded of great customer service. BUT... Chris honored a sale from 2005! That's right he corrected the parts and shipped them to the new owner (me) from a 8 year old sale!

I say this, if you own a Chevy or GMC and want to build it, give Chris over at Off Road Design he will take care of you for sure!

http://www.offroaddesign.com/index.htm

I have worked ORD on the build of my 86 Chevy M1028. I must say I have purchased everything from them that I could do to there EXCELLENT excellent lift kits and of course customer service. They are indeed a one stop shop for Chevys. My next purchase from them will be there Magnum Box and NP205.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
I Love all of the work you have done! Excellent build.

Thanks but the fun has not even started yet. Once I get the truck back from paint next week. and after some finishing paint touches I get to start on wiring and cabinetry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal