Project MULE - Expedition build on a 1991 1500 4x4 Suburban

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Ok , We are denied access to the heated curing booth with the minieral spirits in the paint (I guess I can kind of understand). My friend Bruce just did it in jamming booth then.

Before anyone asks. the rear side glass and rear window glass was left in as they are the laminated privacy glass and the seal are a bit stiff. He had their glass guy look at it and mentioned we may want to leave them in as the odd of them breaking are pretty high. Since this is a side job the glass would have come right out of my pocket. Bruce is really good at being able to string and tape window seals left in so he can get paint in under the seals.
mulebody-0006.jpg

mulebody-0007.jpg

mulebody-0008.jpg

mulebody-0009.jpg

mulebody-0010.jpg

mulebody-0011.jpg

mulebody-0012.jpg

mulebody-0013.jpg

mulebody-0014.jpg

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Recovering from a nasty 48hr cold so I figured I'd do some lighter stuff and start cutting the new aluminum lower door panels.

doors-0001.jpg

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Just about done. The weatherstripping for the windows has haulted this assembly. I cant explain how bad they are.

mulebody-0015.jpg

mulebody-0016.jpg

PMA4x4

Adventurer
We start mounting the roof rack in tonight. After the rack mounts themselves are mounted we will then take the roof rack off and then paint the roof with the elastomeric roof coating. While the rack is off I will be wiring it for lights. mean while the wife will be assembling the front expedition winch bumper.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Very unproductive day. This Chest cold is still kickin' the crap out of me!

I was able to get the rack on the roof and already I need to make modifications for a couple fo the mounts as the roof has a slight bow from front to back

roofrack-0007.jpg

roofrack-0008.jpg

roofrack-0009.jpg

roofrack-0010.jpg

roofrack-0011.jpg

roofrack-0012.jpg

warwgn

Explorer
Hey I like that mounting idea, cant wait to see it all installed. Be sure to get some close ups of the mounting points after install, great work man looking good.

BBslider001

Diesel Head
looks good! What type of sealant did you use on the rack mounts to keep them water tight? I am thinking of putting some sort of rack on mine as well.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
looks good! What type of sealant did you use on the rack mounts to keep them water tight? I am thinking of putting some sort of rack on mine as well.

100% Silicone (clear). Caulk gun tube type, its cheaper that way. the whole bottom of the plate was covered, the holes had a dab in them and the threads got it too.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
CHRISTMAS! from Germany! Thanks to "Northman" for showing these on your rig.

Remember I ordered these?

4853296.jpg

Here they are!

mulebody-0025.jpg

mulebody-0026.jpg

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Welding the expedition bumper together. Wife took some shoot while I was busy, didn't even know until she told me. Enjoy

welding-0001.jpg

welding-0005.jpg

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Well this one was ready to go and then I found it needs another adjustment. I need to move the front cross bar up and out in order to clear the control box of the ZEON 12,000lb winch!

But here is it primered and ready for paint.

bump-36.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman