Project MULE - Expedition build on a 1991 1500 4x4 Suburban

PMA4x4

Adventurer
It's been busy around here but I am finally getting back to the sliders.

I have the passenger side mounted up. I am finishing tacking in the frame legs today on that side. If I am lucky i may have the driver side tacked together by this evening.

sliders-010.jpg

sliders-011.jpg

sliders-012.jpg

sliders-013.jpg

sliders-014.jpg

sliders-015.jpg

sliders-016.jpg

sliders-017.jpg

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Both sides are welded up and re installed for final fitment check. I am still waiting to hear back from powder coating on the estimate.

The expanded mesh was added so the dogs don't break their legs getting caught between the tube and box iron when they jump up. Plus it will add traction for us when muddy or icy.

sliders-018.jpg

sliders-019.jpg

sliders-020.jpg

sliders-021.jpg

that is cool but the dogs may not like how it feels on their pads ..my wolf did not like the steps on my peterbult and i had to put down a cheap bath mat so she could get in

PMA4x4

Adventurer
They are already using it. Before I fully welded it it I tacked it in place and we put the sliders up to see. One was using it in her first try. the other was hesitant but eventually used it. he has issues with long things (possibly beatin' in his previous life) long things like, brooms, sticks, power cords or sliders.

Its possible your dog didnt like it because those expanded mesh steps on trucks usually have serrations on them facing up. What I am using is the 1/8" thick sheet type.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Sliders go in next Tuesday for powder coating, so maybe in about two weeks I will have them done.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
We got ahead on so many projects over the Christmas time off (thanks to the wife for all the help).

I also did some color and paint and prep testing this weekend on a spare fender as we are changing the color of the Mule. Some how the blue never went gloss leaving the paint open and its fading quick.

All wiring from the rack is now terminated at the engine compartment. AND THE ROOF RACK IS DONE!

We decided to start on the new rear bumper. I am going with the traditional box iron. This will add the strength I need for the dual swing outs.

I decided to remove the Class 3 hitch from the frame as we will not be pulling anything that heavy. I will be adding a hitch into the bumper to pull our trailer.

rearbumperv2-001.jpg

rearbumperv2-002.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3