Project Serenity: an 08 Tacoma DC overland build-up

frozenground

Adventurer
ARB awning

Attached an ARB 4 foot awning to the Baja rack. Had to fab some brackets out of 1/4" aluminum stock for a nice flush mount to the rack.

Not much shade on it's own, but it's nice to have. With the tent open it makes a nice shaded porch area :)

serenitybuild_12-6.jpg

frozenground

Adventurer
CBI high clearance rear bumper

Next up was the rear bumper. I had been waffling on this decision for a long time trying to decide how I wanted the swingout design to work. The guys at CBI were very helpful working with me on a custom swingout to fit my needs. Not to mention pretty damn quick getting it all built and shipped in time for me to get it mounted before our trip south at the end of August.

Bumper arrived!
serenitybuild_12-7.jpg

Getting the old junk tore off
serenitybuild_12-8.jpg

Prepping for the initial cuts
serenitybuild_12-9.jpg

Fenders cut
serenitybuild_12-10.jpg

Bumper and swingout mounted
serenitybuild_12-11.jpg

Install finished!
serenitybuild_12-12.jpg

serenitybuild_12-13.jpg

And getting a workout in Death Valley :smiley_drive:
opdeva12_222.jpg

frozenground

Adventurer
exhaust trim

While I was under there doing the bumper, I decided to chop the exhaust tip off. Was getting kinda tired of dragging it on the rocks lol

serenitybuild_12-14.jpg

Last edited:

frozenground

Adventurer
All Pro expedition series rear springs and U bolt flip kit

At this point I needed to beef up the rear suspension to handle the extra weight of the bumper, etc. so I re-did the rear springs (again), this time with All Pro's expedition spring packs and U bolt flip kit.

serenitybuild_12-15.jpg

Close up of the U bolt flip kit plates before the Timbrens were put back in. I had to do some modification to my existing Timbren bump stops to get them to work with these
serenitybuild_12-16.jpg

frozenground

Adventurer
Shur Flow water pump

Next I wired up a Shur Flow water pump to run off the inverter for showers/dishes or just rinsing off muddy feet ;)

serenitybuild_12-17.jpg

ok I think that about brings this up to current for the mods.. I'll get the OP all updated and add some more pics!

Xrunner

Explorer
Thanks for the update!

How much spray time do you get out of the Shur Flow pump and kitchen sprayer with a 5 gallon Scepter?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Check your spring shackle bushings by that trimmed exhaust. When I had mine trimmed in similar fashion I melted one out on the way back from DV... It points the exhaust fairly close to the shackle.

frozenground

Adventurer
thanks for all the comments fellas :smiley_drive:

Check your spring shackle bushings by that trimmed exhaust. When I had mine trimmed in similar fashion I melted one out on the way back from DV... It points the exhaust fairly close to the shackle.

10-4 thanks for the heads up! Just checked and it looks ok so far, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77