Project "UHAULER"

UHAULER

Explorer
This weekend I was able to get a little more done on shrinking the box.

A little backyard engineering. I had to figure out how to cut the bottom off and lower it evenly by myself. The solution was to cut out the center section first to get the "lift" in place and cut the rest.

148copy.jpg

149copy.jpg

150copy.jpg

151copy.jpg

Last edited:

UHAULER

Explorer
Next, I wanted to get it into the garage. I had to put stock samurai tires and wheels on the trailer and air them down just to get it in. More cutting with the sawzall and skill saw.

153copy.jpg

155copy.jpg

156copy.jpg

157copy.jpg

Last edited:

UHAULER

Explorer
The roof sheet was cut using pneumatic shears.

158copy.jpg

159copy.jpg

The rear section was cleaned up and put in place for a trial fit.

160copy.jpg

162copy.jpg

Last edited:

BCHauler

Adventurer
Looks better IMHO. Have you given any thought to mounting some lights on the front of the camper for offroad visibility?

ChrisInVT

Adventurer
Looks better IMHO. Have you given any thought to mounting some lights on the front of the camper for offroad visibility?

It's a great spot to mount some. I was looking and measuring for a custom-built lightbar for my truck to hold some of the 7" HID lights.

UHAULER

Explorer
I made some progress in the last month. It is just about back together. I had to modify the bed frame so I will still be able to get my dirtbike in the back. This time I used some laminate flooring I had lying around. I also opened a can of worms by starting to remove the vinyl wrap that was covering the uhaul logo.

172copy.jpg

171copy.jpg

170copy.jpg

169copy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy