Project: Waltzing Matilda

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I like the BFG KM2's, they really have been reliable. Tires are balloons, eventually every brand/flavor will get a flat. This was an easy, fun fix that allowed me the opportunity to teach me hunting partner how to plug a tire. It made for great conversation as we grilled lamb chops in the dirt parking lot of the Tuscarora Post Office in a light drizzle of rain.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Why didnt you just swap in your spare??

How do you like the tires? (Other than the large hole in the one tire)

I just finished reading...Nice Rig.
Any more updates?

Thank you, see above for the tire question(s). As far as other updates, yes. An ARB Bull bar fitted with a Warn M12000 (Winch left over from the past few rigs) an Old Man Emu full 2.5" spring kit with adjustable track bar, some Light Force lights and a bunch of great trips...

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Great thread! I just read through it for the first time. It seems I'm trying to follow a similar path as well, albeit with 1 or 2 less Cruisers in the middle ;) still keeping the 100 too.
I'm looking at both the Ford and Dodges due to the manny tranny.
Your truck it outstanding, just like your Cruisers!

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
you have done a great job on this rig. I love the rear bumper! you gave me a couple ideas for a flip down table on my rear tire gate bumper!

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Great thread! I just read through it for the first time. It seems I'm trying to follow a similar path as well, albeit with 1 or 2 less Cruisers in the middle ;) still keeping the 100 too.
I'm looking at both the Ford and Dodges due to the manny tranny.
Your truck it outstanding, just like your Cruisers!

Thanks for the compliments. I was telling a good friend of mine, who happens to be an Editor of a large Off-Road magazine that I thought this Ford was one of my best/most favorite vehicle purchases and he was genuinely surprised by that statement. The truck just continues to deliver. I was also looking for a Dodge extra cab when I was looking for this truck. I just happened to find this one before I found a Dodge that I liked. I think you will be happy with either truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl