Random RIG Shots

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I notice you took off the LED lights on the rack. Why is that? From what I have read, they are pretty bright (and expensive!)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I just toured through your website. Seriously cool stuff. This looks like fun:

rondane-195.jpg

FotoValpen

Adventurer
I notice you took off the LED lights on the rack. Why is that? From what I have read, they are pretty bright (and expensive!)

Actually The pic without the LEDs were before I switched to LED last year.

Before I started ripping the truck apart I had the following mounted (all Vision X products):

1 52" Xmitter along the front of the Front Runner roofrack.
Along the right side 2 8" Flood Xmitters.
Along the left side 1 8" Flood Xmitter and 3 Solstice 1100 Flood LEDS
On the back 2 Solstice 4100s
Then underneath I had Tantrum Rock Crawler LED pods.

Then on the grill I had 3 8500 50w HIDs!

To top it all off.... 2 4" Infrared Xmitters on the front!!! Fun driving in the woods with all lights off except for the IR ones and drive around with nightvision goggles. :ylsmoke: You should have seen everyones faces when they realized what I was doing. :smiley_drive:

LED is really the best. The new Solstice 1100s from VisionX are a great deal for the money! Draw less than ,5 amp and give the equivelant of a 100w halogen. IP 69 classification and over 6 years of continuous burn time.

(Not only does it get dark in Sweden but I am also scared of the dark! :sombrero:)

Here is one of my nightime offroading films. Look for part 2 on my YouTube page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFSPnRB-chQ

Box Rocket

Providence Canyon, Utah
_MG_2605.jpg

Moab Rim, Utah
244.jpg

At a friend's backyard shop
driveline5.jpg

Long Canyon, Utah
LongCanyon.jpg

American Fork Canyon, Utah
forestlake.jpg

Lakebed drifting - Mud Lake, Utah
drift.jpg

Skyline Drive - Bountiful, Utah
_MG_2878.jpg

Box Rocket

I wish I had a shop like that!

Seriously! It's a sweet setup especially since it's literally in his backyard and he's not a full time machanic. He does Home Theater and Automation. But he's got a great shop with a mill, lathe, drill press, hydraulic press, the lift, welder, plasma cutter, tube bender, pallet racking, a forklift and who-knows-what-else hiding out there. I'm green with envy.

FotoValpen, thanks for the compliment.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Just out of curiousity---

Why is it OK to "lakebed drift" at mudlake, Utah???

Does everybody doit and is it santioned ???

The photos are outstanding, but

:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh