• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

DrMoab

Explorer
Sitting on top of Elizabeth Ridge...Uinta Mountains Utah
3829584252_284a8b729c_b.jpg

01tundra

Explorer
:D the only thing i can think of here is "dont let off the gas, dont let off the gas, dont let off the gas"

That's actually what I was saying to myself :)! I was soooo not wanting to have to go through that damn hole that it was kinda like a blur when I did - like when you're in a wreck and everything goes into slow motion.........it was really wierd once the engine got submerged and everything went quiet........by the time I came to my senses I was standing outside my truck trying to figure out how I was ever going to clean up this mess -

muddymess.jpg

Cody1771

Explorer
by the time I came to my senses I was standing outside my truck trying to figure out how I was ever going to clean up this mess -

that just means you need a bigger lift :D if my truck gets mud in the doors im pretty much sure its gonna cost me... that said i think my door sils are almost 30" off the ground... lol

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I finally got some good shots that actually show the difficulty of the trails.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Resulted in this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This one from last year:

attachment.php

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I would love to see your Volvo next to another more common vehicle for a better idea of scale. Just looking at the size of the steering wheel, I sorta get the impression that your rig is the coolest microbus on the planet :)

FotoValpen

Adventurer
I would love to see your Volvo next to another more common vehicle for a better idea of scale. Just looking at the size of the steering wheel, I sorta get the impression that your rig is the coolest microbus on the planet :)

Thanks! It IS truely the coolest "micro bus" around! Well, it will be. Right now I have stripped it to the frame to do a total renovation. You can read more about it on my website: http://web.me.com/teddsoost/Fotovalpen_2.0/Home.html

Sorry no pics next to anything else.

She is 13ft long x 5,5ft wide x 7,5 ft high. 33" Goodyear tires on 16" rims.

High 2, high 4x4 and low 4x4. Top speed 65mph. Current engine is a Volvo B20 but I will be changing this to a VW 1,9 TD engine during the renovation.
I will also be changing from drum to discbrakes...

Me inside the truck.
Valpen2.jpg

Valpen3.jpg

Oliver 1,5 years old next to the truck...
Valpen4.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Com'on dad, give me the lug wrench !!

Good lookin little guy-

:costumed-smiley-007:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal