Random Scenic Shots

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

Viggen

Just here...
9464227871_783dc62638_c.jpg

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Money CANNOT buy you happiness.......but it can buy you a boat to suffer on :)

Boating.jpg
Actually several studies have proven money does buy happiness ...... Time magazine the latest. Of course it buys happiness......less stress....better health care and food and less everyday worries about everyday problems. Are you nuts! I'd take money over poor anytime. That is a rich thing to say. OOOOOh you can't imagine the burden of money!

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Actually several studies have proven money does buy happiness ...... Time magazine the latest. Of course it buys happiness......less stress....better health care and food and less everyday worries about everyday problems. Are you nuts! I'd take money over poor anytime. That is a rich thing to say. OOOOOh you can't imagine the burden of money!

Hmm. I seem to have seen this somewhere else today Pat!

As my co-worker says "The best 2 days owning a boat; the day you buy it and the day you sell it".

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I seem to disagree with the owning a boat being a burden thing. Sure it does cost money, but man, in the past few years, we've spent so much time on the boat, and if you were to ad up all the money we've put into it, I'd say if you ad everything including the fuel, we've maybe put $10,000 over the last few years.

And that's buying a work boat that had zero amenities and turning it into quite a capable fun craft. - This is the boat I'm talking about, not that big monster in the photo above. That sucker costs over $10,000 a year just to maintain :Wow1:

Topless_On_Boat.jpg

I think we spent more on our truck when we were traveling with just maintenance, tires, oil changes....etc than we do on the boat. Now that we live on a small island, the truck gets very little use, and we go out at least 3 times a week on the boat. So I dread the day we have to sell it. We're actually looking at a bigger boat, a catamaran that has a bedroom on it and a full bath so we can start doing overnights and longer exploration trips. Basically taking the overlanding thing to the water. Our other idea is if we do go out exploring with the truck, we can always tow the boat behind the truck and use it as a camper while on land, but if we're near water, then we just launch the boat and have that capability

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Don't let Tom Dolaskie's woman see the nickname for that boat, that is her's!

I can totally understand your thing with a boat for your location. That boat is a tool also. I am just used to all the floating beer coolers we have on the river here.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Don't let Tom Dolaskie's woman see the nickname for that boat, that is her's!

I can totally understand your thing with a boat for your location. That boat is a tool also. I am just used to all the floating beer coolers we have on the river here.

I agree that if people only use their boats for a few months out of the year, and only say on the weekends, then they can become a pain. It seems everytime we let the boat sit for awhile, we have to do something to it. As long as we use it regularly, it works flawlessly

Now that is the boat I am talking about I think an inner tube with Cindy on it would be awesome :)

Ask and you shall receive Brad :)

Summer%20Fun%20-%20Floating%20in%20the%20Tube%20-%20Photo%20by%20Pat%20Bonish-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach