Random shots

WininUtah

Adventurer
We stopped at the park in Springdale, UT to take the dogs for a walk. This is one of the views from the trail, Zion looked great.

medium800.jpg

crazy

Adventurer
Sorry for the poor resolution, I didn't have my camera and had to use my Ipad. Not photographer quality but interesting I thought.

photo-7.jpgphoto-8.jpg

WininUtah

Adventurer
We found these "Roadoglyphs" while driving through Virgin, UT. They've since been paved over but I'm betting the artistic person from the road crew has done this elsewhere. I've heard of other, anybody got some to add?

medium800.jpg

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
We found these "Roadoglyphs" while driving through Virgin, UT. They've since been paved over but I'm betting the artistic person from the road crew has done this elsewhere. I've heard of other, anybody got some to add?

medium800.jpg

Never heard of this or seen this before, but I wish more road stripers would be this creative

GRID

My site www.GRIDDD.se
Mixed pics from last weekend.

First there was Offroaddriving with SMK Uppsala.
SMKUppsala_rorken2014_04_13___.jpg

SMKUppsala_rorken2014_04_15___.jpg

SMKUppsala_rorken2014_04_07___.jpg

Then some animals at a birdwatchingtower.
Sangsvan_01__.jpg

Skogsmus_02__.jpg

Then checking out the sandpit that they will have this years FormulaOffroadevent in.
Balsta01__.jpg

BalstaPanorama02__.jpg

Then we went to a practiseday for Crosskarts and Folkrace at Bergbybanan.
Bergbybanantestdag_19___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_08___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_01___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_04___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_17___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_24___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_29___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_26___.jpg

The end :)

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Mixed pics from last weekend.

First there was Offroaddriving with SMK Uppsala.
SMKUppsala_rorken2014_04_13___.jpg

SMKUppsala_rorken2014_04_15___.jpg

SMKUppsala_rorken2014_04_07___.jpg

Then some animals at a birdwatchingtower.
Sangsvan_01__.jpg

Skogsmus_02__.jpg

Then checking out the sandpit that they will have this years FormulaOffroadevent in.
Balsta01__.jpg

BalstaPanorama02__.jpg

Then we went to a practiseday for Crosskarts and Folkrace at Bergbybanan.
Bergbybanantestdag_19___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_08___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_01___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_04___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_17___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_24___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_29___.jpg

Bergbybanantestdag_26___.jpg

The end :)

Tack! Tack! My grandparents were from Oreboro and Eskilstuna. I believe my grandfather spent some time in Uppsala. I will be in the Kalmar region for a couple days next month. I was a season 1 contestant on Alt For Sverige. Sweden reminds me a lot of Michigan where I live. That is probably why my grandparents ended up here!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I went out wheeling with my son last weekend and we went back the Davis Dunkirk mine in the Bradshaw mountain South of Prescott. I have visited this mine several times over the last 30 years. The first time there was still an active explosives cache at the end of a side spur. Luckily that was cleared out shortly after my first visit and is now a reasonably safe mine to visit.

The road up to the mine is a typical old mining road switchbacking up the side of the hills with tight corners and loose shale. Not a big challenge though. After the mine, if you want to continue up to Mt Trittle which only about a mile up the hill, the road gets much more challenging. I have only had two tire flats in my life of back country exploring and both of them coincidentally happened on this road.

Inside the mine.
Davis%20Dunkirk%20Mine%202014-4-X2.jpg

Davis%20Dunkirk%20Mine%202014-10-X2.jpg

The view from the tailing pile:
Davis%20Dunkirk%20Mine%202014-17-X2.jpg

Lunch on Mt Trittle's peak.
Davis%20Dunkirk%20Mine%202014-19-X2.jpg

WininUtah

Adventurer
We did a few day trip out to the Hopi Reservation, There is no photography on the Reservation but here a few photos from the trip. Our Hopi guide did allow me to photograph some amazing Petroglyphs.

Colorado River in Marble Canyon, AZ. Just below the launch point for river trips:
medium800.jpg

The Elephant Feet outside Tuba City, AZ, Navajo Reservation:
medium800.jpg

Coal Mine Canyon in the Navajo/Hopi Joint Use Area:
medium800.jpg

Taawaki Petroglyph site, Hopi Reservation. Over 1000 drawings, simply amazing:
medium800.jpg

Our guide, Donald Dawahongnewa, was excellent, he's a Hopi educator and does site interpreting around UT/AZ:
medium800.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk