Random Snow Rig Pics

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Thanks for the explanation. It's not really a big deal, I was more curious than anything.

:arabia:

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I've been posting these photos all over here today!

On the way to camp:
fyao08034.jpg

Then at camp the next morning. Tent on the left for evidence!
fyao08045.jpg

This was Bennington VT, February 2008.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Going back a few years now, this is my old Toyota pickup. Never should have gotten rid of that thing.

toysnow.jpg

Yes I made it into the stream without incident!

Here's my friend's Land Rover 90 trying to get out of a frozen stream. I broke through the ice in my Range Rover a few moments before, leaving him with this mess to deal with!

90ice.jpg

Those are 900x16 Michelins very submerged under the icy water!

And just for good measure, here I am winching my same friend and Land Rover back onto its wheels on the side of the highway last winter after his 1 vehicle rollover. No serious injuries and no serious vehicular damage, dont worry. I was right behind him the whole time though- freaky to watch happen to your friend.

flipped.jpg

BTW, we were under supervision of a Mass. State Trooper the whole time- to quote, "That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!" (referring to the recovery we mounted with traffic whizzing by at 45mph)

Last edited:

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
transientmechanic said:
And just for good measure, here I am winching my same friend and Land Rover back onto its wheels on the side of the highway last winter after his 1 vehicle rollover. No serious injuries and no serious vehicular damage, dont worry. I was right behind him the whole time though- freaky to watch happen to your friend.

What lead to the roll over?

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Coming up an onramp to the highway, right at the end there was a poorly plowed section where the bank on the right jutted into the lane about 3 feet. he caught the edge of that with his right front tire at about 40mph. Caused the truck to spin around about 70*, then ride up the bank on the highway and flip over.

98dango

Expedition Leader
here ya go

buddie jerry

2007 just out side esdacata or

CIMG0218.jpg

my bumper 15 feet in front of my truck

CIMG0203.jpg

christmas week 2007 just north of Aberdeen wa

035.jpg

Green MT OR just NW of Logsden OR

CIMG1215.jpg

CIMG1212.jpg

CIMG1213.jpg

S

Scenic WonderRunner

In this photo..........

Are you trying to stop the Bumper Thieves!

CIMG1213.jpg

CIMG0203.jpg

.............hehe

OK...........Posted all in fun and laughing all the way. I know I've seen that pic here before somewhere.

esh

Explorer
Last winter on Goat Mtn-

my FJ45 at the radio towers. A warmed 454 in snow is great fun.
0022.jpg

a friend's.. well it's basically like a snowmobile up there :D
0021.jpg

S

Scenic WonderRunner

God.........Bless...........America!

This is Close to being the Best Ever Random Snow Rig Pic.......so Far!

Wow!...........Thanks!

0022.jpg

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuu! ......now I have to meditate for months without food or water!

jim65wagon

Scenic WonderRunner said:
God.........Bless...........America!

This is Close to being the Best Ever Random Snow Rig Pic.......so Far!

Wow!...........Thanks!

0022.jpg

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuu! ......now I have to meditate for months without food or water!

Well, while you are food and waterless, I'm going to meditate with a glass of wine, and try to comprehend the complete awesomeness of this oh, so cool truck in it's natural habitat!

nightfoam

Adventurer
Thought I'd share some of mine from last year

Going up to meet a group at Goat Mt I slid off into the ditch. Spent 45 minutes with the come-a-long and got unstuck just as they came around the corner to help me.

snowstuckres.jpg

Late January of this year there was a lower elevation snowfall in the Molalla area. We headed up Sawtell road and found the county roads snowplow stuck on Elk Prarie

stuckplowres.jpg

Went on a trip with Jerry from BDNW in October of '07. We stopped to air down at Three Creeks Lake.

groupshot1res.jpg

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Poser shot from earlier this week. Unbelievable that there wasn't even a trace of snow on this side of the hill - last week of November too! I have never seen this area without snow in late November!

truck2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__