Range Rover P38 diesel conversion

R-Overland

Adventurer
This is what the engine bay could look like .
I want to strip and paint the PS brackets (someone thought their old diesel suburban wouldn't over heat , if they painted it in blue)
P1070191.jpg

I think i will run a dual power steering set up one for the steering and the other for the winch... that will spool a bit faster :)
and I can steer while winching...
P1070190.jpg

REDROVER

Explorer
MAKE SURE TO CHANGE THE INJECTION PUMP FUEL RETURN HOSE TO CLEAR ONE SO YOU CAN SEE IF THERE IS ANY AIR IN THE SYSTEM .

REDROVER

Explorer
AND THAT EXTRA WIRE STICKING OUT NEXT TO THE INJECTION PUMP IS USELESS CUT IT OFF, THAT'S FOR TRANS DOWNSHIFT , IT WONT WORK WITH YOUR ZF24. AND THE PASSENGER BACK SIDE OF THE CYLINDER HEAD THERE IS SENSOR WITH 2 WIRES COMING OUT OF IT, REMOVE THAT AND PLUG IT, THAT'S FOR GLOW PLUGS NOT TO TURN ON WHEN THE MOTOR IS WARM,

ERIC

REDROVER

Explorer
looks very good sir, dont forget to ad, ( coming soon the only 6 speed manual range rover in the world) :)

can u start it today? i see u still have black hose on the return line lol, change it to clear one. trust me will save u lots of time,, the only reason those motors will act funny when they run, if they have air in the system, by putting it clear one u can see whats going on.

did u make manual glow plug heated? system

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Looks good, along with Eric I can't wait to see a video of this this thing running and driving. Clean looking work on the install, nope mine looks half as good when I'm done. Also hope it moves under it's own power lol.

LtFuzz

Explorer
I agree with Eric, you're gonna want a manual glow plug system if you don't have one already -- although cold starts are probably less of an issue in Florida.

Maybe I missed it -- are you only running a single battery?

Also looking forward to the A/C install. So far the Rover 6.2 crowd (all 3 of us) have "intended" to install A/C, but I haven't seen it actually done yet LOL :sombrero:

REDROVER

Explorer
I agree with Eric, you're gonna want a manual glow plug system if you don't have one already -- although cold starts are probably less of an issue in Florida.

Maybe I missed it -- are you only running a single battery?

Also looking forward to the A/C install. So far the Rover 6.2 crowd (all 3 of us) have "intended" to install A/C, but I haven't seen it actually done yet LOL :sombrero:

ac is not hard to do, infact its very easy ,i will do it before it hits 100 in LA :)

ill get on it as soon as i have the rover drivable next few days

ERIC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333