Rango.....1942 Willys MB

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Saw you and the jeep on ultimate adventure 14.
Looked cool
See you had to be towed across a river.

yup, fun trip.

Sometimes you just have to know your limits. When the water starts hitting the windshield it's just too much. Everyone took the strap or a winch at some point, my kryptonite was really deep water. Sometimes being small pays off, sometimes it doesn't....

Mekcanix

Camper
i just watched UA 2014 too and your jeep inspires. Smart man being towed across river, way better then trashing a new motor

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Some updates....

I made a 'top' for the old thing. The top is all modular. The doors and windjammer all roll up out of the way. It takes about 3 minutes to convert from the bikini top to a full enclosure.

The air intake/filter was also relocated away from the front of the engine compartment.

I was also invited back as the returning reader for Ultimate Adventure 2015!

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Congrats on being invited back! What material did you use on your top?

It's made from painters tarps you can get at Home Depot. They are the plastic backed canvas versions. I made the 1st bikini top out of that material like 2-3 years ago and it was still going. For a cheap material to work out ideas with, I really like it. If I like this concept enough I will remake it out of some thicker/heavier fabric.

unkamonkey

Explorer
I wish I could have met you when I was in Durango a few year back. Missed meeting Durangotang but met with Unclebill and Hudsonhawk from the CJ5 page. My 3B gets more attention on trials than all of the newer Jeeps, My first Jeep was a MB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333