**REDUCED** For Sale: Schutt M1101-based adv trailer in Bend, OR

johnnydcope

For Sale: Adventure Trailer fabricated/customized in 2018 based upon US DoD HMMV trailer.
Price: $15,000
Description: 2010 Schutt M1101 HMMV base trailer acquired from US Govt auction in mid-2018. Build-out includes:
  • Custom designed & fabricated sheet metal & aluminum enclosed topper with access doors on all four sides.
  • Smittybilt Overlander XL Roof Top Tent.
  • Rhino Batwing 270-degree awning.
  • Custom fabricated 1” plastic sidewall 55-gallon fresh water tank under-mounted atop axle.
  • Twin 20-lb LPG tanks with rock cover mounted on tongue.
  • Camco 2-Stage auto-changeover LPG regulator kit.
  • Eccotemp L7 portable outdoor tankless water heater with shower.
  • Copper River fold-a-privy shower tent.
  • Coldcreek Outfitters outdoor workstation with faucet plumbed to hot water.
  • SHURflo 12v 3.0 GPM Revolution RV Water Pump # 4008-101-A65
  • 110v shore power and RV water inlet and pressure regulator for parks with full hookups.
  • 12V power supplied by dual Group 31 Deka Intimidator AGM batteries wired in series delivering 210 amp-hours (Ah) in total.
  • P3 Solar 80W rollable solar charger with MPPT solar controller wired into battery bank.
  • Champion 2000W inverter (gas powered).
  • ARB Classic Series 50 Qt Fridge Freezer.
  • Xantrex PROwatt SW 2000-watt sine wave inverter (part# 806-1220).
  • Xantrex PROwatt SW auto-transfer switch.
  • ProMariner ProSportHD 12, 2 bank AC-to-DC battery charger.
  • Renogy 20A DC-to-DC battery charger.
  • Blue Sea Systems ST Blade Fuse Block - 6 Circuits with Negative Bus and Cover.
  • Blue Sea Systems WeatherDeck 12V DC Waterproof Switch Panel - 6 Position to operate LED lighting system (3 switches: driver, center & passenger sides), refrigerator, water pump and one spare slot for future use
  • Strongway retractable extension cord reel with 50' weatherproof cord with triple plug head.
  • Thetford 92850 Porta Potti 320P Portable Toilet
  • New 6×139.7mm (5.5″) lug pattern hub & drum assembly that fits 4Runner, Tundra, Land Cruiser & LX470/570.
    IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1260.JPG
    IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1264.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1262.JPG
    IMG_1262.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 172

Burndoc

Looks like you ditched the military tires and wheels as well. Also, re-wired?
Very nice job.
Charles

Ooops ... I see you mentioned that down by the pics ...

johnnydcope

Yes, I went swapped out the wheels & tires to match my tow vehicle and re-wired to a standard 7-way connector.

Anjikb

I cannot tell from your pics. Have some questions:
Where is the galley? Is it a slide out or does it need to be unloaded and set up?
Have you been happy with ARB fridge/freezer? How long do things stay frozen?
Does your RTT have a condensation mat underneath mattress?
How thick is mattress?
Can bedding be left inside tent when closed for travel?
Approximate miles on trailer and tires?
Did you install a hitch receiver on back to allow for a bike carrier?

We have a 2017 Tundra CrewMax.

Great job, by the way, with your overall build! Thank you for your time.

Anji Bradshaw

johnnydcope

Anji - Feel free to call me at 512-809-8990
Galley: we use the Coldcreek Outfitters outdoor workstation with faucet plumbed to hot water (see spec list above), in conjunction with the tailgate. I use the cutting board / covers from the outdoor workstation (sinks) and place them on the tailgate to create a level work and prep surface with my stove on the tailgate as well. There's LED lighting to make cooking and cleanup easy at all hours.
We've been happy with the ARB fridge. We usually start out with it as a freezer and employ a large Yeti (not going with trailer) as our fridge. When we've gone through our frozen items, I increase temp to 33 and use the ARB as fridge and stop using the Yeti as the need for keeping ice on hand can get old when on the road for weeks at a time. If a week or two - or less, the way I described, Yeti fridge + ARB freezer, is ideal. The ARB freezer can go into the teen temps, so things remain frozen so long as you have batteries. Those two batteries provide 210 amp hours. When the compressor on the fridge is running, it pulls about 1 amp hour. See the technical specs at https://arbusa.com/portable-fridge-freezers/classic-sii-range-fridge-freezers/. Amp hours draw is a function of desired inner temp (as low as 0 F) and the outside temp where the fridge sits. At max draw of ~1, you'd have 210 hours (8-3/4 days) before the batteries would need charged. The trailer charges batteries when being pulled due to dc-to-dc charger; when on the ac-to-dc shore power charger (which will operate the fridge from ac), from the solar mat OR using the included 2000W gas powered inverter. We've never encountered a situation where we sat for 8+ days or couldn't charge in one of the aforementioned means.
RTT has the OEM mattress: 92-1/2" x 74-3/4" high density 60mm thick high density foam with cover. I do have a gel foam egg-crate topper laid in there for added comfort during long trips. No condensation mat needed as the tent is up in the air and the flooring provides a temp-neutral barrier. We leave both mattresses, 4 sleeping bags and two pillows in the tent when folded. Our two girls like to keep their two pillows in the tow vehicle when moving around ;-)
There will be new steel wheels & tires put on the trailer for the new owner. Those on it match the other 6 I have for a Land Rover LR4 (4 on truck, two spares and 2 on trailer). I'm not splitting up my matching 8 wheels & tires as they're interchangeable and with TPMS in all 8 ;-). I have custom-milled spacers on the 6x5.5" lugs to allow my [odd] 5x140mm wheels. The steels wheels I'll put on will be 6x5.5" that match your Tundra CrewMax. If you're the buyer, you tell me the tire and wheel size your running and I'll put the wheel [size] and LT tires to match. I won't let you leave with mismatched things...I have issues being waaayyy to picky about things like that. That way your spare for the Tundra can work for trailer & truck as needed in a pinch ;-)
No hitch - but that's something I've been contemplating and would be happy to install for exactly that reason. You cannot put too much weight hanging off the rear of any trailer or you're asking for certain trouble, but bicycles and carrier would work awesome. You'd want a drop-down carrier or you'll block the function of the tailgate and quickly get frustrated with the setup. I have an old SoftRide model like this https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Alumina-Hitch-Mounted-3-Bike-Rack-p/26428.htm that would work perfectly...and could be talked out of it if needed.

You're in Las Vegas? Hope that answered all your questions. Happy to talk as I'm hostage here with house painters making ready as we're selling our home in Austin...so I'm around.

I cannot tell from your pics. Have some questions:
Where is the galley? Is it a slide out or does it need to be unloaded and set up?
Have you been happy with ARB fridge/freezer? How long do things stay frozen?
Does your RTT have a condensation mat underneath mattress?
How thick is mattress?
Can bedding be left inside tent when closed for travel?
Approximate miles on trailer and tires?
Did you install a hitch receiver on back to allow for a bike carrier?

We have a 2017 Tundra CrewMax.

Great job, by the way, with your overall build! Thank you for your time.

Anji Bradshaw

Anjikb

Hey! Thanks for your quick reply, and answering my myriad of questions.

I’m curious: What made you think I was in Vegas? We had a house there but sold it two-years ago. Our daughter—more importantly—two, oldest grandsons still live there. We are originally from NE OK but currently live in Punta Gorda, FL, just north of Fort Myers. We frequently drive to OK—well, before COVID—because our siblings live there, and after my husband retired from USAF in 1997, we lived there for almost 20-years. So, picking up trailer in Austin is no problem. Our oldest son lived in McAllen for three-years, until five-years ago. Now, he lives in Northern VA but works in D.C. I know those highways well. Especially the autobahn..woot 85mph! We are high-mileage people. Are you moving away from Austin?

We already have two, YETI coolers; large and small. It’s amazing how long things stay cold! Thank you for explaining about fridge/freezer. Our overlanding plans include driving the ALCAN and spending a month or so in AK. We lived there for five-years when Carl was in USAF.

I, too, am slightly OCD about mis-match. I wonder if I can find our Tundra wheels? I just put new Pirelli Scorpion tires (LT285/55R20) on in March. Our Tundra CrewMax is an SR5, 4x4, w/TSS Off Road Special Edition Package—black, that can only be purchased in TX, OK, LA and maybe AR. That package included 20” black wheels and 28” A/T Plus tires.

Regarding the condensation mat: I’ve been researching expedition trailers for about two-months. Those mats are recommended for RTT. “They say” heat from bodies, mixed with cooler outside temps causes condensation to form under mattress—leads to mildew—because it doesn’t have ability to circulate air underneath. I guess you haven’t had that issue? But we might since we will be camping in colder climates.

Do you know height of trailer to top of RTT? It needs to fit in our garage. Height would be our only problem.

Thanks, again, for your prompt reply.

Regards,

Anji Bradshaw

Last edited:

johnnydcope

It's tall - 8'-3". I've had no issues at all with condensation. it's on rails above an unconditioned space and the floor panels have some corrugated material between the aluminum sheets that must act as a buffer / insulation as well. We've not even had the typical interior condensation issues so long as you sleep with the sky windows open and at least one side window. I have a few contacts that can help you run down a few extra Toyota wheels if you want them to match the tow vehicle exactly. My friend that has a similar trailer and Lexus LX570 has flat black steel rims on the trailer - same diameter and same tires as the 570; and it all looks good. I look like the fella that spent too much on wheels and tires to match exactly.

Hey! Thanks for your quick reply, and answering my myriad of questions.

I’m curious: What made you think I was in Vegas? We had a house there but sold it two-years ago. Our daughter—more importantly—two, oldest grandsons still live there. We are originally from NE OK but currently live in Punta Gorda, FL, just north of Fort Myers. We frequently drive to OK—well, before COVID—because our siblings live there, and after my husband retired from USAF in 1997, we lived there for almost 20-years. So, picking up trailer in Austin is no problem. Our oldest son lived in McAllen for three-years, until five-years ago. Now, he lives in Northern VA but works in D.C. I know those highways well. Especially the autobahn..woot 85mph! We are high-mileage people. Are you moving away from Austin?

We already have two, YETI coolers; large and small. It’s amazing how long things stay cold! Thank you for explaining about fridge/freezer. Our overlanding plans include driving the ALCAN and spending a month or so in AK. We lived there for five-years when Carl was in USAF.

I, too, am slightly OCD about mis-match. I wonder if I can find our Tundra wheels? I just put new Pirelli Scorpion tires (LT285/55R20) on in March. Our Tundra CrewMax is an SR5, 4x4, w/TSS Off Road Special Edition Package—black, that can only be purchased in TX, OK, LA and maybe AR. That package included 20” black wheels and 28” A/T Plus tires.

Regarding the condensation mat: I’ve been researching expedition trailers for about two-months. Those mats are recommended for RTT. “They say” heat from bodies, mixed with cooler outside temps causes condensation to form under mattress—leads to mildew—because it doesn’t have ability to circulate air underneath. I guess you haven’t had that issue? But we might since we will be camping in colder climates.

Do you know height of trailer to top of RTT? It needs to fit in our garage. Height would be our only problem.

Thanks, again, for your prompt reply.

Regards,

Anji Bradshaw

Anjikb

“I look like the fella that spent too much on wheels and tires to match exactly.” I may or may not resemble that remark!
;)
We’re going out the door to have dinner with friends. I’m not sure of our exact clearance but I’m thinking eight-feet is too high. Like many people who have downsized their homes—5000sf to 2300sf—are holding on to power tools, wheels/tires, USAF keepsakes, things for our children/grandsons, and 40+ years of worldwide, collected Christmas decor, we are already paying a sizable monthly car payment’s worth to a storage place! Down here in gray-hair-ville, owning a storage facility is a money maker. Rates are at least triple or more than what we paid in OK two-years ago. Plus, wiring would be eaten by field mice or palm rats, not-to-mention mildew, fading, and rust factor when things are left outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy