Renegade concept at Detroit Auto Show

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Yes - I just found that out as well... not a big fan of a slush box though... hummmm....

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
I'm looking forward to seeing this car (?) in person before I pass judgement on it. It's certainly no replacement for a real jeep with a proper pair of solid axles, but as a fan of "underdog" AWD cars like Subarus and Suzukis, I can appreciate the Renegade for its (hopeful) capabilities. A truly locking differential will put it at the top of its class when it comes to offroad capability, but it kills me that the Trailhawk isn't available with a manual transmission and the 1.4T

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
After hearing first hand account of visibility, and size. I am very excited to drive one now. We had the Cherokee trailhawk out just before Christmas and the visibility is horrible in that rig. Scratched off our list. The Renegade is on the short list for sure!

kayadog

Adventurer
I think the "Active Drive" low range, Select Terrain settings, Hill Decent Control, and other off road oriented features on the Trailhawk require an automatic transmission so you aren't going to see a manual on a Trailhawk renegade or KL Cherokee

kojackJKU

NOt a bad thing anyways. Autos are better now than manuals in terms of performance and whatnot now. Why row your vehicle around.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
The YouTube video says "Killer Articulation". It was lifting a wheel every time the ground was uneven. My daughter would probably love it, but this thing makes me never want to buy another Jeep.

SamM

I about fell out of my chair laughing when she said that, as it's going along lifting it's rear wheels to "mark" the trail.
Then I realized, she probably meant the new Navigation system was more articulate.
The Fiat 500 nav system talks with it's hands way too much. :elkgrin:

K2ZJ

Explorer
This:

IMG_0253.jpg

and this:

TOYOTA-FJ-Cruiser-5011_52.jpg

Got it on!

giphy.gif

kayadog

Adventurer
Interesting Quote from the Expedition Portal Facebook page:

"I got seat time in the base model, straight through to the Limited variant and Trailhawk. The 6 speed is fun, sporty, and zips down the road with surprising speed. The Tigershark engine s are really superb. The Trailhawk however, was the show stopper. Shockingly capable, people will want to hate it for being as good as it is. Those who actually drive it...now get it. This is a game changer as much as I hate that turn of phrase."

https://www.facebook.com/Expedition....210975.45456478747/10153044505113748/?type=1

kojackJKU

I already knew that! ha ha. People hate it because it does not have solid front axle and fit 35" tires.

cobra_4

Observer
Not a big fan, when I first saw it, I thought I liked it, but all these crazy paint schemes and what not just make it look cheesy to me.

Dake21

Adventurer
Its good to see a new small 4x4. Everything else is either too big or not capable enough to go in the woods.

dan0

Adventurer
It's sure a disappointment that we can't get the Trailhawk with the manual transmission.

I was waiting and hoping but I figured from the start they probably wouldn't give us a manual Trailhawk...

I'm still intrigued by this little thing. I want to see one in person and drive one. Might even be something I'd trade my Audi A4 in on and still keep the WJ. Two Jeep driveway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online