*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

seanpistol

Explorer
Nice, man. Still being able to use the tonneau is killer. You got a way to store and secure gear in the void space between the top of the tonneau and the bottom of the rack? I can't tell if those are what the crossbars at the front of the rack just behind the cab are for- Can't see them too well in the photo.

I'd like to see how the sliders mount. Sounds interesting. Is he going to produce them for 1st gen owners?

dyogim

Explorer
I've always liked the look of the square/round tube hybrid sliders. Very clean and looks great. Now go grind them on some rocks. Lol!

marathonracer

Adventurer
Really like that you can still use the toneau cover but have functional storage on top. Huge fan of the removable canoe section as well in my world that's essential we have canoes on top pretty much from ice out on... My rack has a removable section as well so we can load snowmobiles in the winter.

spazstic

Lives for the weekend
Really like the rack, I might steal some of the ideas on it to make my own... :sombrero:

Let's see pics with the RTT on it!

rickashay

Explorer
That's some quality product! Wow!

Glad you posted some better pictures dude. That one you sent me just didn't do it justice.

That's looking really nice.

Fantastic looking rig at this point.....

Wow! That's quite an update. Everything is looking pretty darn good. :sombrero:

Niiice. Looking forward to the action shots.

Freaking awesome.

Truck looks great!
Post some more pics when you get a chance :wings:

Really like that you can still use the toneau cover but have functional storage on top. Huge fan of the removable canoe section as well in my world that's essential we have canoes on top pretty much from ice out on... My rack has a removable section as well so we can load snowmobiles in the winter.

Really like the rack, I might steal some of the ideas on it to make my own... :sombrero:

Let's see pics with the RTT on it!

Thanks everyone! Super pleased with the product. It functions so well already for my uses and it looks killer. I've already loaded up a bed and a dresser onto the rack with the RTT up there. haha Having the Tonneau AND the rack is a dream come true... Jason @ Cruisin Offroad really executed well there!

Nice, man. Still being able to use the tonneau is killer. You got a way to store and secure gear in the void space between the top of the tonneau and the bottom of the rack? I can't tell if those are what the crossbars at the front of the rack just behind the cab are for- Can't see them too well in the photo.

I'd like to see how the sliders mount. Sounds interesting. Is he going to produce them for 1st gen owners?

Thanks Sean. Yah there is a small rack behind the cab. Lots of options for gear, just need to decide what. Probably axe and shovel though because the access is so good and those items are used all the time. Maybe Maxx Traxx? I dunno... still working out the details. We had talked about him producing the sliders but I honestly forgot to ask if he made a jig for them. I'll be back out there in the near future so I'm sure if there is interest he would build them.

That looks awesome, very functional, what ever happened to the black scs wheels?

Thanks! Sorry the black SCS are sold to a buddy of mine in Leth.

Subbed

:wavey:

Monte! What's up!? Thanks for dropping in.

I've always liked the look of the square/round tube hybrid sliders. Very clean and looks great. Now go grind them on some rocks. Lol!

I agree, square and round looks awesome! The rocks will have to wait for a few months but I'm sure it will happen in due time... Wyo, Moab, and Cali are on my radar.

Couple more photos with the tent on and some shots of the mounts for the sliders:

IMG_4879.jpg
by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Profile of the rack, just peaks up above the roofline. Wind faring to come...

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

Look at those gussets, these things will be bomb-proof.

IMG_4884.jpg

Last edited:

rickashay

Explorer
Just had to get the details on the rack I saw on Flickr. Plus figured I may as well stalk you here too..:p

It's a mutal stocking then. I stalk you on TacomaWorld and Flickr, and also was checking out your rack.... er' oh wait... was checking out the details on your new setup. hahah

No better way to spend Canada Day then enjoying the northern wilderness out my backdoor. I love this place!

First night in the RTT!

IMG_4889.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Untitled Offroad, check us out!

IMG_4907.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Headed down to the water and did some long exposure work. It's been WAY too long, I need to shoot the night sky more often. Really wish there was less moonlight last night but still cool nonetheless:

IMG_4914.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Such a beautiful place.

IMG_4956.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Was in the water (or rolling in dead fish) all day:

IMG_4951.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Giving the better half some tips with her new Canon:

IMG_4927.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Start of Seven Bridges:

IMG_4957.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

dyogim

Explorer
No better way to spend Canada Day then enjoying the northern wilderness out my backdoor. I love this place!

I would to. Place looks amazing. I'm sure the pics don't do it justice.

I'm buying a Canon 7D hopefully in the next couple of days from a friend. Can't wait to test it out and take some night shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven