*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Just curious, what is the PN for your front FOX shocks with the CDC? 880-06-420 or 880-06-419? Did you get the extended version for use with the aftermarket UCA?

airbornegrunt82

Took me a couple days but I just finished reading the entire build up. Im familiar with your 4R build from the other site. I'm further convinced that a 1st Gen Tundra is for me. Just can't justify the price of a 2nd Gen Taco.

Thanks for the inspiration!!! Can't wait to see the next update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickashay

Explorer

******** glad someone caught that. haha

Just curious, what is the PN for your front FOX shocks with the CDC? 880-06-420 or 880-06-419? Did you get the extended version for use with the aftermarket UCA?

Oooohhhh not sure off the top of my head. They ARE the extended travel ones though....

Took me a couple days but I just finished reading the entire build up. Im familiar with your 4R build from the other site. I'm further convinced that a 1st Gen Tundra is for me. Just can't justify the price of a 2nd Gen Taco.

Thanks for the inspiration!!! Can't wait to see the next update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow thats some dedication, and I applaud you! This thread has some build posts but a lot of ********-chat. haha Can't argue with a 1st Gen Tundy... they rule. Hell, I've had mine over two years now and I don't even want to sell it yet. I might even break my own personal record with this rig. 2nd Gen Tacomas are nice, but everyone has em'.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Not to put bad ideas in your head, but Solo Motorsports has a new first gen Tundra kit. 18" of 4WD travel :drool:

There is a guy doing 37's with the XLT 18" kit on a 2x4, but says hes doing a 4x4 swap. I am interested to see how it turns out for him. For the money that setup would cost, I'd have to think long and hard about my realistic expctations of what I need and what I want.

Addison, you have pretty much want I want. Same shock and a aftermarket UCA. I am waiting patiently..... for you to install it and let me.... er.... us, know how it rides :) Maybe I'll come down to Calgary or tag along offroading one day so I can see how it rides.

rickashay

Explorer
Not to put bad ideas in your head, but Solo Motorsports has a new first gen Tundra kit. 18" of 4WD travel :drool:

There is a guy doing 37's with the XLT 18" kit on a 2x4, but says hes doing a 4x4 swap. I am interested to see how it turns out for him. For the money that setup would cost, I'd have to think long and hard about my realistic expctations of what I need and what I want.

Addison, you have pretty much want I want. Same shock and a aftermarket UCA. I am waiting patiently..... for you to install it and let me.... er.... us, know how it rides :) Maybe I'll come down to Calgary or tag along offroading one day so I can see how it rides.

If I had another tundra, I'd be all over that kit!

Yah I've eyed the XLT kit a few times. But IMO it's worthless to me.... +4.5" wider per side. My truck barely fits through the trees around here as is. If I'm going that wide, it's going to be with 1 tonnes and 37's+.

Still an amazing feat of engineering though... and the kit is beautiful. It would be a blast on our logging roads though...

seanpistol

Explorer
Yah I've eyed the XLT kit a few times. But IMO it's worthless to me.... +4.5" wider per side. My truck barely fits through the trees around here as is. If I'm going that wide, it's going to be with 1 tonnes and 37's+.

I completely agree. It is fun to go fast or have all that articulation- but I like the idea of a kingpin Dana 60 front and shaved down 14 bolt rear with 40s! Fun to think about...

Last edited:

rickashay

Explorer

Hopefully it's a new set of jack stands

hahaha common man, mini jack stands are awesome.

Doug has been on those stands for over 3 weeks. Ordered Toyota LCA's which I found out were on backorder after a week of waiting, then ordered MevoTech ones from "CanadaPartsOnline" only to find they are an american company who ships to Canada. Waited another two weeks for them to arrive. Then I spend the last 3 evenings putting everythign back together to realize I don't have a spanner wrench to crank the coilovers up. The way they came they are set to factory ride height and it's just too low. Also found out today that the Total Chaos UCA's rub the coilover bucket at compression. So much for bolt on... not happy that I'm going to have to grind the bucket away for them to properly cycle. It's not difficult or a big deal but the fact your buying an expensive part that is supposed to be a factory replacement kind of upsets me. Hopefully the extra travel and glorious coilovers make me forget all of these troubles once it's all installed.

I guess my wheeling plans for tonight/tomorrow are cancelled. Looks like I'll at least have some time to finish off a couple smaller projects in the mean time. Leaving for my holidays/wedding on Thursday and super stoked for the camping and road trip to the West coast and into Oregon thereafter!

Will post pics when Doug is back on the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven