*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Congrats Addison!

That looks like an awesome trip you had.

I spy a Backroads Mapbook! Those things are awesome. I'm pretty jealous of your trip. I wish I could have gotten more backcountry time while I was in Alberta. Also wish you could have showed me around haha! Oh well, next time I guess. We're planning to head up again next year for our honeymoon. I'm planning on doing some wheeling while I'm up there again... :D

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Congratulations on your marriage, Addison! I hope you plan to unload some more photos soon, after you get caught up at work! :Wow1:

River19

Observer
Fantastic pics, congrats on getting hitched.

Interested in your light bar fab......I'm stuck in analysis paralysis on what to do about lighting on my 2001.......I find some of the push bars too heavy both optically and literally, and the "Westin" type bull bars seem too cliche to me.........I'm being picky......

Adventurous

Explorer
Congrats on the marriage and I too look forward to seeing more of the pictures from your trip! Hopefully now your post-wedding state will free up some funds to re-allocate to the truck.

AaronK

Explorer
Congrats on the marriage and I too look forward to seeing more of the pictures from your trip! Hopefully now your post-wedding state will free up some funds to re-allocate to the truck.
Haha married man knows post wedding you have less money than you did before

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

rickashay

Explorer
I wish there was a like button for the map photo

Thanks, also one of my personal faves!

Congrats Addison!

That looks like an awesome trip you had.

I spy a Backroads Mapbook! Those things are awesome. I'm pretty jealous of your trip. I wish I could have gotten more backcountry time while I was in Alberta. Also wish you could have showed me around haha! Oh well, next time I guess. We're planning to head up again next year for our honeymoon. I'm planning on doing some wheeling while I'm up there again... :D

You got it! They are great books. Definitely let me know when your up here... I'll tour you around anytime!

Congratulations on your marriage, Addison! I hope you plan to unload some more photos soon, after you get caught up at work! :Wow1:

Hey Thanks Bullfrog! moar pics below! Still not caught up at work though :(

Fantastic pics, congrats on getting hitched.

Interested in your light bar fab......I'm stuck in analysis paralysis on what to do about lighting on my 2001.......I find some of the push bars too heavy both optically and literally, and the "Westin" type bull bars seem too cliche to me.........I'm being picky......

Thanks and thanks! The lightbar project resulted from the simple fact that my new, big XL-Pro lights were bouncing all over the place mounted to my factory plastic bumper. I just took a piece of rectangle steel I had lying around and started welded. It's certainly not pretty up close but it gets the job done and looks alright cause it's so low profile. I'll grab a few more photos when I'm at my garage tomorrow.

Haha married man knows post wedding you have less money than you did before

:( Guess I'll find out in 3 months what that's like...

From my experience you have more money, but not for truck stuff. :ylsmoke:

Yeah but the rest of it doesn't count

Hahah too funny. It's true more money, but NOT for the truck. Oh well she knew what she was getting into and I warned her on day 1 that my vehicle addiction would never leave me... I just have to be a little more patient now between mods or figure out a way for oil to turn around so my bonuses come back! hahah

Looks great! Nice way to mount the lights on a level, sturdy, surface

Thanks Bailey! Lovin' the XL-Pros.

Gingerfab? :coffeedrink:

hahah there will be more "Gingerfab" to come...

And the last of the photos:

IMG_5036.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Another view of the Northern Lights:

IMG_5106.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

The essentials: a good breakfast and COFFEE. Love my MSR Windboiler too!

IMG_5128.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5130.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

The Lardeau River, water is probably 15-20 feet deep in this photo. I've personally seen 30+" trout in this river:

IMG_5136.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

The Windsor Hotel, Trout Lake:

IMG_5152.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Love this shot... such an amazing place!

IMG_5162.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Morning view:

IMG_5182.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Not a sole to be found:

IMG_5188.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Back into the Okanagan wine country:

IMG_5192.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

We spent the night in Osoyoos and then headed south into the US. Here you can see the fire we drove through, which was supposed to be one of the biggest fires this summer and probably a large part of all the smoke that has been floating around.

IMG_5196.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Couldn't resist a poser shot next to these fruit crates:

IMG_5198.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Random cool old Ford:

IMG_5205.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

On our way south to the Columbia River:

IMG_5206.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

rickashay

Explorer
Oregon was beautiful as always. We only spent a night in the Mt. Hood National Forest but it was awesome. We woke up and hike to Ramona Falls (~12kms) and were untitled to some wicked forest views:

IMG_5238.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5249.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5255.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5264.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5270.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

View from the Pittock Mansion in Portland:

IMG_5279.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Random shot of the cool stairs in the loft we rented off AirBnB. Such a wicked location, we were within stumbling distance of many of Portlands best restaurants and brew houses. Damn I gotta go back!

IMG_5290.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5301.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5304.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

And back in my hometown of Nelson BC, where we just lazed about for a few days before heading back to the grind:

IMG_5305.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

My old man and I decided to make another run in the area, too bad for the smoke though, I'll definitely be heading back next year when the skies are clear:

IMG_5312.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Dad getting tippy:

IMG_5320.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5335.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

My invaluable ARB fridge. One of the best purchases to date!

IMG_5342.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5352.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

That's all folks! Will have a few more photos after this weekend and I'll try and get some info together on the lightbar, rear shocks, and the new front suspension setup. Cheers!

Derek24

Explorer
Beautiful pics as always! That's cool you wheel with your dad, I'm sure he's the reason you do all this. Your pictures of BC make me even more excited for our road trip next year up there, new truck in a few months!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Awesome trip looks like you guys put on some miles !! The fridge is one of my favorite gear! Never deal with ice or water again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven