*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Sucks about the parts. Such is life tho. I know the feeling. Have heard about the bucket issue before with the TCs, that's one of the reasons I went with the Camburgs. Cant wait to hear a report on how the UCA and FOX Coilovers perform and some travel numbers.

RE: your red calipers. Are those the PowerStop kit? I am going to bleed the brakes, but am half expecting to have to replace the calipers as the bleeder valves might be pooched. Any comments on the quality and performance? I already have the 13WL calipers on my 06 so I don't expect to see to much of a imrpovment. Perhaps just a good excuse for some SS lines and pretty red calipers.

Muttle

Observer
Glad your lower control arms showed up, kinda disappointed I couldn't help ya with the installation. Also can't wait for the wedding and seeing Doug with all his new parts.

Blender

Adventurer
Bummer about the coil bucket. If I remember correctly my total chaos arms also rubbed the coil bucket. The surprising part was the camburg LT uppers arms rubbed the already clearanced coil bucket. I guess since its a big stamped part the factory doesn't care about the exact location of the ends.

I prefer using a 9" long brass or steel rod to adjust coilovers. It's a little harder on the collar, but it's easy to use.

seanpistol

Explorer
I used a spanner wrench with a cheater bar on it... A sweaty PITA to adjust them things, but you don't have to do it often.

I know what you're talking about when you say it's frustrating when you pay a lot of money and things aren't exactly how they should be. I cut the ends off my $1100 bumper.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I used a spanner wrench with a cheater bar on it... A sweaty PITA to adjust them things, but you don't have to do it often.

I know what you're talking about when you say it's frustrating when you pay a lot of money and things aren't exactly how they should be. I cut the ends off my $1100 bumper.

I had to cut the ends of my ARB bumper on my runner. I didn't even trim my fenders like you did. It just sticks pass the factory fender for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rickashay

Explorer
Just rolled back into AB from 2 weeks away in relax mode. Got hitched two weeks ago and hit the road for our honeymoon where we did a lot of backcountry exploring in BC and wound our way down through Washington and Oregon to Portland. A couple teaser shots before the photo dump in the next few days...

All shined up before hitting the road:

IMG_5002.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5017.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5045.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

For those into night photography:

IMG_5081.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Last edited:

dyogim

Explorer
Awesome pics. How far north do I have to go to see the Northern Lights? The better half has been wanting to see them and so have I. Maybe one of these months, I can take her and the kids on a road trip into Canada...

First, I need to plan a Hawaii trip and visit family on the Big Island.

rickashay

Explorer
Photos look amazing Addison! Congratulations!

Awesome night pic there! Looking forward to more and congratulations!

Congratulations!

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

Congrats! Pictures look awesome :Wow1:

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the kind wishes!

How did the front end refurb go?
How did the shocks perform?
Lets get the info!

I'll get to that in a couple days. I will type something up on it. The truck is up and running obviously and I put ~4000kms on the truck the past two weeks with the new suspension. I will post pics and details on the fronts and how my flares self-removed, as well as how my 10" stroke Fox rear shocks are working. Just haven't had time to write anything up as I try and go through all my photos. Also got a promotion at work while I was gone (lol) and landed back at the office to even more responsibility and 850 emails to catch up on (not even kidding...). In short, write up and pics to come!

Wow, looks amazing. Would love to visit Canada one day... It's on my bucket list.

Do it. The more I get out and explore, the more I realize how exceptional it is.

Awesome pics. How far north do I have to go to see the Northern Lights? The better half has been wanting to see them and so have I. Maybe one of these months, I can take her and the kids on a road trip into Canada...

First, I need to plan a Hawaii trip and visit family on the Big Island.

I can't answer that I don't think. These were seen just an hour-ish (as a bird flies) north of the US/Can border in BC, near Kaslo. I've seen them quite a few times but it isn't like you see them daily. There are certain times of year and specific nights where they are better than others and the main thing is just not having any light pollution to mask them from the naked eye. The ones in my photo are also amplified by the ~25 second exposure of the photo, however they are still stunning in person. Lemme know when your ready to head up here!

A couple more from tonights edits:

IMG_5149.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5037.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Notice the "flare-mod":

IMG_5133.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

My first real fab-project - Gingerfab light bar rocking the two Baja Design XL-Pro's w/combo lens (I'll also do a write up on these. Used them a bunch and they are insane!)

IMG_5012.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5043.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Kickin' it old school - paper maps. lol

IMG_5010.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5059.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Different night, different view of outerspace:

IMG_5170.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven