*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

rickashay

Explorer
Thanks for the kind words everyone!!

ATTN 1st Gen TUNDRA owners

Kind of a random request. Looking for some OEM Tundra front coils and struts for a buddy. Preferably TRD coils with the Y/Y and Y/B designation. He is using them to lift his 3rd gen 4runner and can't find any locally. Fire me a price and pics if you have them. Even good condition/low mileage non-TRD ones would work. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Hey Addison, you seen Relentless Fab's new Tundra bumpers? They have a weld it yourself option too. Might help off set dollar conversion.

GTV

Thanks for the kind words everyone!!

ATTN 1st Gen TUNDRA owners

Kind of a random request. Looking for some OEM Tundra front coils and struts for a buddy. Preferably TRD coils with the Y/Y and Y/B designation. He is using them to lift his 3rd gen 4runner and can't find any locally. Fire me a price and pics if you have them. Even good condition/low mileage non-TRD ones would work. Thanks guys!

Apologies for the quick hijack... what specifically is the difference between the TRD coils and standard coils?

Cletus26

Adventurer
e1479fc468b33626926b042e7d66f976.jpg

$100. Plus shipping unless someone can pick them up in Edmonton. Will include the 5100's although 1 is blown I just don't have a spring compressor to disassemble.

GasCan

Observer
H crap. Not only not only have you built an awesome Tundra, but you are in the same city!

I have my OEM struts for a 2005 Limited DC, and some ICON front coilovers as well if you are still looking.

GC

Last edited:

rickashay

Explorer
Thanks for all the responses!

Cletus, I will forward this thread to my buddy who is looking. He is looking to lift his 3rd Gen 4Runner. The TRD coils are progressive rate.

GasCan, awesome rig! We should try and meet up. You signed up on Untitled Offroad?! You should come out to one of the meets!

UPDATE

Not much new going on with the truck. Been busy working on my new to me Passat. I am taking the truck on holidays August 12th for 10 days. That being said I just ordered a WaterPort and also a 4ft. ARB Awning for behind the tent. Going to mount it on the rear hoop I had made with the rack that I have never used. SHoudl be a good setup for a tall guy like me and gives us the option of a little shelter while cooking on the tail gate if it starts to rain.

Looks like I might be getting some new kicks for the truck soon also...but Im going to keep that under wraps for now. :)

Front bumper: I have decided to build one with a local fabricator. I have the design drawn on some graph paper and I really like it in the simple form it resides. Here's the catch.... I've been into design since I was a child and I have been thinking of getting some design software and building the bumper in it. The goal would be to make it manufacturable and the fit & finish to be top notch. I would not do the fabrication but I would be handling the QC side and working alongside the fabricator. I was even thinking of having the front of the truck laser-modelled to have an exact 3D model of the front of these trucks to build the design off of.... Let's see what I conjure up while I'm on holidays in August. Fresh air seems to be the best for of motivation.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
If your getting rid of your SCS F5's, I call dibs :)

Interesting news on the bumper and awning.

Keeping the bed space usable on a truck with a RTT, awning and storing/organizing all your gear in the back of the bed securily is always tough. As a guy who is 6'4, look forward to the awning setup.

rickashay

Explorer
If your getting rid of your SCS F5's, I call dibs :)

Interesting news on the bumper and awning.

Keeping the bed space usable on a truck with a RTT, awning and storing/organizing all your gear in the back of the bed securily is always tough. As a guy who is 6'4, look forward to the awning setup.

Yah its hard for us tall guys! Hate ducking under everything. I am very excited about the awning as well.

I will be trying to sell the wheels/tire as a combo if this all goes through. I'll post a link once it happens though!

GTV

Front bumper: I have decided to build one with a local fabricator. I have the design drawn on some graph paper and I really like it in the simple form it resides. Here's the catch.... I've been into design since I was a child and I have been thinking of getting some design software and building the bumper in it. The goal would be to make it manufacturable and the fit & finish to be top notch. I would not do the fabrication but I would be handling the QC side and working alongside the fabricator. I was even thinking of having the front of the truck laser-modelled to have an exact 3D model of the front of these trucks to build the design off of....

We think the same way in regards to design. Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach