Roninjiro aluminum Nissan D40 camper

roninjiro

Explorer
The top will be a tent/soft top. I have to contact a few companies for my keder rail parts.

Last edited:

roninjiro

Explorer
Thanks guys. I just got the samples I was waiting for in the mail. One set is for the ripstop nylon plus mesh, and the other is laminate for after the cabinets are built/walls insulated.

941969_10152800919535564_978338677_n.jpg

roninjiro

Explorer
Ok guys I have a bunch of stuff on ebay now, but I have been having trouble with the fabric. The samples I have seem to be much to lightweight for this application. Does anyone have suggestions on fabrics? I need it to be water resistant, uv resistant, abrasion resistant, tear resistant, and somewhat heavy weight but still easy to fold/stuff.

fabric is a challenging one for sure! I tried to stay away from PVC coated fabrics.... so I was leaning toward acrylic coated or perhaps better .... polyurethane coated.... but in the end I have decided to try silicone treated cotton marine canvas.... I don't think I would use just that for your application because you have a whole roof to create... I just have two feet of wall to create. I chose this one idaho canvas (edit..... actually a 10 oz version of that fabric... the link is a 13 oz version) figured I would give it a try.

I would seriously consider trying to incorporate some type of built in fly... any one layer material for a tent will never breathe and all my years of tenting tell me the inner tent / fly system works well for a reason!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk