rubbermaid action packer

rynosurf

Adventurer
and also if you have any good alternatives to the action packer let me know.

I just need a heavy duty box that is waterproof and lockable to put on top of the jeep for some trips.

I have a Contico box that I like http://www.walmart.com/ip/Contico-SUV-Tuff-Bin/10400134 , it seems more durable than the action packers. I'm not sure how water proof it would be on top of a vehicle with driving rain but I'm not sure an action packer would keep all the rain out either.

maXTERRA

Adventurer
Since walmart has been reinventing itself with reorganization of it's stores and an expanded inventory of totally worthless crap (but a LOT of worthless crap) it's things like this that they've gotten rid of. I'll bet all my local WM's now have 1/4 of the outdoor and automotive equipment they used to carry!

Now if you're looking for artsy crafty of scrapbooking stuff, they've got you covered. I about refuse to go there now, because all the manly stuff I bought there is gone, so I have no desire to suffer the Dreadful experience without some reward for my suffering.
Couldn't even find a decent digital watch there last time. Only one carousel of no-name Chinese stuff.

BIGGUY

Adventurer
action packers

Amazon.com carries some of them. I just picked up some of the small ones and I know they had the larger trunk type with the hinged lid.

mattman8706

Observer
I just went to a few more places. 2 home depots, 2 lowes, 1 sears and 1 target and none of them had the boxes either.

I will have to try Ace Hardware next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues