Ruger trailer

Picked up my trailer two weekends ago and have started to add the goodies

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 67

brussum

Adventurer
I was thinking about adding either a water can or small (5 or 10 lb) propane tank to the side of my trailer tub. I was looking at the Adventure Trailer propane tank mounts specifically. I don't have the extended frame 'rack' in front of the wheel wells. What the group's general thoughts about mounting these items to the tub sheet metal? Naturally, I would use some steel plates to prevent bolt pull-through and would seal any holes to prevent rust. I still worry about the weight and the sheet metal. Perhaps I can have Steve fab an add-on tray to extend the frame and provide support underneath the tank.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
I was thinking about adding either a water can or small (5 or 10 lb) propane tank to the side of my trailer tub. I was looking at the Adventure Trailer propane tank mounts specifically. I don't have the extended frame 'rack' in front of the wheel wells. What the group's general thoughts about mounting these items to the tub sheet metal? Naturally, I would use some steel plates to prevent bolt pull-through and would seal any holes to prevent rust. I still worry about the weight and the sheet metal. Perhaps I can have Steve fab an add-on tray to extend the frame and provide support underneath the tank.

You should have no problem mounting to the tub of your Ruger. I used a A/T mount as well

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Thanks! What did you mount to yours?...water can or propane tank (and what size)?

the water cans were mounted to the front of the tub when I purchased the trailer from Steve. They still are, but in a different configuration. In the future I want to mount a swing tire gate to the rear of the tub.

mac_jkr4d

What goes in our trailer.

Setting up base camp to get ready for the season. The cool thing is we can now carry all this in the trailer and the jeeps are freed up for people and dogs to be comfortable. I included some pictures of some cots we picked up; they save space in the trailer but are comfortable for the those ground camping in the group(a little tough to set up the first time but you get used to it and they get easier). Also the green boxes under the table are what most of our cooking and hardware go in they help a lot with space management(surplus store).
I know it seems like a lot of stuff but we normally are out with 6 or more people when we go out. Still need to do a rack or tent lift but love this set up. I am considering Ruger's new 6' foot set up though, we fit a lot in this one but an extra foot would be even better. The odd shadow in one of the pictures is my girlfriends kid who wanted to see if he could make a frozen Han Solo image for the picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 66

lost-adventurer

Lost and loving it...
Ruger at Overland Expo 2015 and Lake Powell.

camping4_zpsawbmevis.jpg

snowcamp1_zps9wbua0o3.jpg

camping3_zpshsavyoo3.jpg

SatCampPowell5_zpsc3sfhzlu.jpg

gilberr

Can you tell me the details about your water tank? How big is it, how much does it hold, what was the price? Thanks.

mrEman8199

This trailer just moved to the top of my list. Any more info on the prototype raised RTT system I saw pictures of from back in mid 2014?

F-Jay

I began looking for storage/ sleeping options for my upcoming Baja and Arctic Ocean trips about 10 months ago. My wife and two children are usually minimalists and have been camping/ hiking out of backpacks for years but this option simply would not work for the upcoming expeditions and harsh environments. Having to carry supplies for weeks and driving through places where fuel and water will be scarce we opted for a RTT mounted on top of an off-road trailer. Through months of research and interviewing individuals with similar set ups, it became more and more clear that we wanted to give our business to Tepui Tents in Santa Cruz, CA and Ruger Trailers in Denver, CO.

Steve Siler and his wife, owners of Ruger Trailers, were a pleasure to deal with every step of the way. From discussing size, options, and potential use of the trailer, they offer virtually every option one could want or need. Many of these options are not even offered on the web page and amount to a truly custom build. Customer service was second to none. We received frequent emails with photos of the build, correspondence with Steve via telephone and email were quickly handled. His pricing is in black and white, fair, and there was absolutely no guessing what the final product was going to cost. For our budget, we received one of the most rugged trailers off the road. The final product is a 6' tub expertly welded, use of stainless steel hinges and fasteners, robust assist shocks to open the top lid, all LED lighting, painted to order on a powder coated frame with, brakes, leaf springs, and gas shocks. We chose 33" tires to match our vehicles but again, the options are virtually endless. This set up comes in at around 800 pounds empty and 1000 pounds with the RTT giving it a " barely there" feel. The trailer handles like a dream: turns on a dime, does not bounce around excessively, and had zero issues towing it back home to Las Vegas at highway speeds. There are many brands out there and all of them have pros and cons. For me, it all comes down to a quality product and solid customer service. Although I haven't put the trailer through much abuse yet, I know a few people that have and love the product. If I do encounter an issue I have no doubt that Steve will be there; he has been in the trailer business for quite some time. If you are in the market, I encourage you to give Ruger a closer look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob