Scepter fuel cans and expedition communication gear

greg mgm

Explorer
I received my 2 cans today....And.....I'm happy.

For those (like me) who aren't too familiar with these cans, I snapped some pics. Here are the cans just picked up from the post office-

IMG_1857Custom.jpg

Oh...whoops...did my truck/ plow show in the pic?? :)

Here they are "unpacked"-

IMG_1859Custom.jpg

I'm impressed how tough and well built they are. Somewhere on the 'net I saw a pic of a vehicle parked on top of one of these cans and it suffered no damage. I believe it...but I'm not running mine over!

The collar (whatever it's called) is nothing like the crappy cans I've been using. These are thick heavy duty plastic, and have a small breather hole at the top, which goes into a tube on the inside on the can. Pretty cool-

IMG_1871Custom.jpg

I put some gas in the cans and they didn't leak a drop! Even shaking them around upside down. Try that with a generic hardware store gas can.

Thanks Steve!

Argentina

They are cheaper here. I have a bulk offer on ebay that saves about $35 on 3 of them. Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=120392484800

Also have brand new spouts, and used Scepter water cans.

We did a group buy with this guy and he worked with us on price and shipping. We ought a bunch of fuel cans and some water cans and they were just like he said. Fuel cans were new and water cans were used but just fine. We got a good deal. The scepter cans are all but impossible to find,

One of my guys also bought some radios from him as was happy as heck with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy