Scott's M416 trailer build begins

Jekyll2000

Here is the info right from my invoice. More info never hurts. Let me know if you need any other help.

5 X 5.50 to 5 X 5.00 Wheel Adapter
Configuration: 20
Adapter Thickness: 2.0" Thick
Year/Make/Model of Vehicle?: stud size 7/16 hub size 3.875

Part number 55505500

I really appreciate the help but have another question. Did adaptitusa just cut a relieve hole for the flange that sticks up from the hub. Do you know how far the flange sticks up from the hub? Again, thanks for all the help.

Tight_wad

Adventurer
I really appreciate the help but have another question. Did adaptitusa just cut a relieve hole for the flange that sticks up from the hub. Do you know how far the flange sticks up from the hub? Again, thanks for all the help.

The hole for the hub is cut all the way through it. If you are thinking Jk's wheels are centered to the hub, I didn't worry about this. I have over 5000 miles on my trailer, and have had zero issues.

Jekyll2000

The hole for the hub is cut all the way through it. If you are thinking Jk's wheels are centered to the hub, I didn't worry about this. I have over 5000 miles on my trailer, and have had zero issues.

I got off the phone with thme this morning and they were asking about how high the flange sticks above the hub. I'll let you know what they say. Sorry about the thread hijack.

Tight_wad

Adventurer
I got off the phone with thme this morning and they were asking about how high the flange sticks above the hub. I'll let you know what they say. Sorry about the thread hijack.

Ya that is a measurement that I don't have, but the flange and cap only stick out about an inch maybe. I didn't have to worry about it since the adapters that I used where going to be 2 inches thick. I could pull a wheel to measure it if you need me to, but it would have to be tomorrow.

jeeper92

Adventurer
Hey great build

Love this build. Im in the process of building mine and its going to be very similar. What or how did you get the paint to match your jeep? I have a red jeep as well and Id like to match it to my trailer. Suggestions? What did you do to paint it? any help would be greatly appreciated

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Lots of 416 trailers being built lately so I thought this thread should be refreshed.

Great build and fab work on your trailer.

How has it done for the last two years?

Tight_wad

Adventurer
I guess I should come on here more often. ^^ Sorry I missed this post.

Not sure I post a pic of my sleep enclosure so here it is.
2ahemugy.jpg

I have ditched the axle and adaptors for a brakeless axle in my bolt pattern. Reason was that my adaptors failed, fatigue cracks, couldn't trust them anymore.
Other than that, my wife mmase a little cook counter ( in pic ) for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333