SEMA 2009: Pictures, updates and discussion

Scott39

Adventurer
it wasn't what is american made versus what is not american made debate i wanted to start. There is hardly anything that 100% made in one spot anymore. It was more of a comment about roots. I think companies should be proud of their roots, but i also think that they shouldn't pretend to be something they aren't.

:26_7_2:

Inc

Observer
Numbers I heard were more along the lines of 270hp and 320 torques. I'd LOVE to have that kind of power in my XJ. I'm not too fond of the interior though, the fake carbon fiber look... MEH

Overall, I think its amazing, the spare tire carrier, the tube doors (I'm determined to fab up my own version of those hinge mounts) even the front bumper, though personally I'd like to put a brush guard on the front

I'm not too much of an XJ guy, but that one is sharp and that engine is what they need to put in every 6cyl. jeep. The numbers I got were from the link I posted, but either way I'd take it over the anemic 3.7 I have now.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
This will help with that question at 5:35 - but the video is full of good information. The second link is actually the first of the two videos about this bumper from Chris at AEV.

YOUTUBE LINK - AEV Rear Bumper Tire Carrier (video 2)

YOUTUBE - First of the two videos.

Nice links TJ Willy! I really enjoy Chris Wood. I attended a few ARB lectures he used to give. He has a great way of making some of the geeky aspects of the gear seem uber cool and highly desirable. I don't have a JK, but now I want that bumper :)

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
...I really enjoy Chris Wood. I attended a few ARB lectures he used to give. He has a great way of making some of the geeky aspects of the gear seem uber cool and highly desirable...

Agreed, Chris is a solid guy and a great asset to the 4x4 community. I was sad to see him leave ARB but glad to see he is rocking the scene at AEV. :sombrero:

TJ Willy

Adventurer
Killer!

Thanks!

;)

You bet. Glad to help.

Nice links TJ Willy! I really enjoy Chris Wood. I attended a few ARB lectures he used to give. He has a great way of making some of the geeky aspects of the gear seem uber cool and highly desirable. I don't have a JK, but now I want that bumper :)

Thanks NWoods. Glad to contribute. Yes Chris is a great guy. I have had the opportunity to speak with him a few times and he is a knowledgeable and genuinely friendly guy.

:)

:smiley_drive:

cruzinwyo

Observer
Found a pic of the clean lines of the Tundra front end by Expo1.

DSC_5118-vi.jpg

I agree the bracketed lift is little to be desired, but with a rig of this length you need some mid section clearance and this lift does it, as there is not a whole lot of options with an IFS.

The rest of the build seems to be very expedition friendly or at least a good starting platform.
-Toss in a slide out storage system in the bed (including fridge, secure food storage, recovery gear, clothing) and a family of 4 could travel quite extensively with this rig.
-With it's 26 gal. fuel tank and an extra 20 gal on the rear this truck could cover 700 miles stretches.
-Add some camp lighting on the roof rack and on the rear rack, and night time could be very nice!

Very impressed with Expedition One's SEMA Tundra!

Box Rocket

Found a pic of the clean lines of the Tundra front end by Expo1.

DSC_5118-vi.jpg

I agree the bracketed lift is little to be desired, but with a rig of this length you need some mid section clearance and this lift does it, as there is not a whole lot of options with an IFS.

The rest of the build seems to be very expedition friendly or at least a good starting platform.
-Toss in a slide out storage system in the bed (including fridge, secure food storage, recovery gear, clothing) and a family of 4 could travel quite extensively with this rig.
-With it's 26 gal. fuel tank and an extra 20 gal on the rear this truck could cover 700 miles stretches.
-Add some camp lighting on the roof rack and on the rear rack, and night time could be very nice!

Very impressed with Expedition One's SEMA Tundra!

Spotted this very truck out and about in Layton, Utah Saturday night around 8pm. Looked good in person too.

Viggen

Just here...
Numbers I heard were more along the lines of 270hp and 320 torques. I'd LOVE to have that kind of power in my XJ. I'm not too fond of the interior though, the fake carbon fiber look... MEH

I had that in my XJ. A stroked 4.0 is nothing new and has been around for a little while. I had an Accurate Power 4.6L kit in my 90 XJ. It was an axle snapping beast after the motor work was done and then it went forward with the slow killing of the AW4 pos auto that backs the 4.0. Fantastic power and torque but the running gear just couldnt handle it. Check out Hesco too for some super nice 4.0 hop up parts. :sombrero:

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Yea - after talking to guys with the stroker motors, it sounds like it's quite the investment after dropping for new axles, shafts etc...

The Icon vehicles! Godlomightee! :smileeek:

This is how vehicles are supposed to be made! Not this 90's rounded-car crap. Those cars did not have any style or character to them. I don't like how cars look now. The SUVs are basically oversized cars. I don't know if Icon would ever become one the big three without running into the same fate that befell them, but if they made it and brought the price down, I'd consider buying a used one. The FJ45 really does look great! I'd hate to ask how much these things run.

Stephanie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater