shansen M101 build

shansen

Observer
Yes, updates. Sorry for not getting back on here very soon. I have been out camping 3-5 times per month for a night or two at a time since the tent was put on the trailer - it has all worked very well. The trailer lid still needs some type of clamp system to hold down the lid when not open, I have been using a ratchet strap in the interum period. I ended up going with two 175lb struts to help open the lid; it still takes a little effort but much more and I think the thing would spring open anytime the tent is deployed and the lid is not held down so I will stick with it. Also picked up a Zodi hot vent tent heater, the heat duct fits perfectly into one of the spots on the eezi-awn tent.

Tons of use, loved it all. The guy that did much of the fabrication on this has been super busy (we still need to make my clamps and finish a bumper); let me see where his head is at for production at this point on other 101's and 416's.

RgrBox

Adventurer
Excellent build.. I´ve give my right nut for such a trailor.. can´t use them here where I live. Something about getting them registered is almost impossible. something to do witht he changed that would have to be made!!!

shansen

Observer
Tires on trailer are 265/76/16

Tires on truck are 33x10.50x15

The trailer tires are a little smaller than my truck tires, but in a pinch I think the spare on my truck could get me home.

old.ski.bum

Cover looks great! I still hope when you get together with your buddy that you decide to build some because I'm in! Thanks!

Fellow CDNM101 owner!

Akunin

Any news?? Been watching this all winter with hopes! Best lid I've seen so far for the little m101

shansen

Observer
Updates, yes. Pictures, not on this post :(
Trailer is sitting on the side of my house wrapped in a tarp at this point. I put clamps on it to hold the lid down. Also picked up a tongue box that houses and contains all of the stuff for the Zodi heater - I have one duct that pushes the hot air into the tent and another duct that pulls air out of the tent so it is heating up recirculated air. Took it to the boy scout Klondike a few weeks ago (overkill for that campout, but trailer was nice to haul all the gear) - it worked fantastic.

Next time it comes out (within a month or two) I will snap pictures of the additions.

Akunin

Next time it comes out (within a month or two) I will snap pictures of the additions.

Thanks for the update!

I've been sitting on my trailer for awhile thinking of how I wanted to do a lid and some jerry can holders and this thread answered both! I plan on using a Maggiolina Grand Tour tent and with that lid design I know I wouldn't have to worry about weight issues. If by chance you had any close up pics of the jerry can holders, could you post them?

Incredible trailer! :wings: Thanks again!

Randall Haynes

Wow,

Your M101 turned out great. I love the way you did the storge under the lid. Any photos on the nosebox? Very clean and matches the tow rig to boot.
The best looking M101 I have seen to date. But I am only slightly biased!!!

Randall

Randall Haynes

Tires

Scott,

I was able to fit my Goodyear MTR's 35x12.5x15 under the M101 no problem, not to much room, but would get me home. I had B.F.G. 33x10.5x15's with a good load in the trailer and worked great for years.

Randall

shansen

Observer
Some pictures of the jerry can holder and tongue box

Attachments

• Trailer.jpg
    Trailer.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 264
  • Jerry Can holder.jpg
    Jerry Can holder.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 238
  • Tent Heater.jpg